Athletic Facilities across the Nation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
For the facilities that have a barber station, do those schools pay to have a stylist there all the time? Or is a stylist only there during practice and game days? Or is it just for show and the players have to cut their own hair?

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
After looking through all of these and thinking about what JP proposed this week with the multi-use development of the ISC, I am really liking how JP is setting up ISU for the future. With attendance continuing to decline across the country, i see athletic departments turning their focus more and more to the "fan experience" to keep butts in the seats.

Its increasingly difficult to compete with the at home experience. The OU's, TX, tOSU, Bama, LSU, etc of the world will continue to put people in their stadiums but the middle of the pack programs need to create a true destination that people are willing to spend their time and money on. after all, at some point, you get diminishing returns for student athletes on some of these athletic facilities as its like picking between a 6 star and 7 star hotel... both are a great stay.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU and cygrads

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
After looking through all of these and thinking about what JP proposed this week with the multi-use development of the ISC, I am really liking how JP is setting up ISU for the future. With attendance continuing to decline across the country, i see athletic departments turning their focus more and more to the "fan experience" to keep butts in the seats.

Its increasingly difficult to compete with the at home experience. The OU's, TX, tOSU, Bama, LSU, etc of the world will continue to put people in their stadiums but the middle of the pack programs need to create a true destination that people are willing to spend their time and money on. after all, at some point, you get diminishing returns for student athletes on some of these athletic facilities as its like picking between a 6 star and 7 star hotel... both are a great stay.
I see the proposed new area as awesome. Don't have a ticket for the game here's a bar or restaurant you can watch it in after tailgating with friends or family. granted that would be limited times during the year so who ever decides to set up shop there would need other draws for a crowd on non game days.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Nebraska supposedly going to announce a $150 million facility project tomorrow:

"Nebraska, according to multiple sources, is expected to announce plans Friday to build a big, new football complex for its coaching and administrative offices, locker room, weight room and training table, complete with all the frills and fancy stuff required in this era of autonomy and superpower separation.

The price tag: Around $150 million, with the project to include relocation of the outdoor track northeast of Memorial Stadium, space to be occupied by the new building."

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not sure maybe most colleges have this in their weight room now but thought this is was pretty neat:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
San Diego State will be replacing SDCCU (Qualcomm, Jack Murphy) Stadium with this:

https://www.aztecstadium.com/

SDSU-Stadium-Aerial-Render-900x506.jpg

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2019/nov/18/san-diego-sdsu-inch-closer-sdccu-stadium-site-deal/

Reactions: cyfanatic

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Updated on Texas endzone project (suppose to be completed for Fall 2021):

Ec6xiCkXYAA_Um5

Here is what it suppose to eventually look like:

DkMYorEV4AAKkXJ.jpg:large

aMeRC5z.jpg

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Looks like 55 mil has already been left behind.

No doubt college football has reached a point where it is unsustainable, but I fail to understand the point of his tweet. The money put forth from this project comes from TV deals and private donations.