ATH/RB Eli Sanders Obviously Chooses ISU over Iowa

kcbob79clone

Can we just hit pause on judging Jirehl til he gets some consistent playing time? The dude was highly rated and a badass in HS who started 6mo behind Hall, who is also a badass. I'm not expecting another Heisman level player but who here was predicting that we would have a guy as good as David (in Hall)?

TBH early on freshman year I thought Jirehl had a small edge over Breece . Then Breece had his epiphany and he then had the edge over Jirehl. Speaks volumes that Jirehl developed into the 3rd down back. Even with the departures running back room is in great shape.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
TBH early on freshman year I thought Jirehl had a small edge over Breece . Then Breece had his epiphany and he then had the edge over Jirehl. Speaks volumes that Jirehl developed into the 3rd down back. Even with the departures running back room is in great shape.

I'm curious why you thought this.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
They might be trying but it doesn't matter, Sanders will sign with ISU.

Iowa offered Hinson from DM North yesterday. They are is only FBS offer and he's committing tomorrow.

I'll jump in for hok fan here.

This is a HUGE get. I really like this guy. Reminds me of Barry Sanders with a little taste of Shon Green thrown. Should be a 4 year contributor and a nice 1st Round Draft Pick. I have been watching him in workouts and if he continues to improve his receiving out the backfield, there are going to be a lot of blue bloods that wish they would have gotten in on this guy.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

This is a HUGE get. I really like this guy. Reminds me of Barry Sanders with a little taste of Shon Green thrown. Should be a 4 year contributor and a nice 1st Round Draft Pick. I have been watching him in workouts and if he continues to improve his receiving out the backfield, there are going to be a lot of blue bloods that wish they would have gotten in on this guy.

Nah. But he seems like a good hard working kid who is going to jump all over this opportunity. Rooting for him.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Let’s leave this in the ISR where it belongs, please?

Last edited:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Nah. But he seems like a good hard working kid who is going to jump all over this opportunity. Rooting for him.

He is a good athlete playing on a very bad team. Hard to make heads or tails how that translates to the next level.

convoluteme

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2019
I bet we see more of him this weekend. No reason this game should require starters in the 2nd half.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
8-5, 8-5, 7-6. Those are not BAD years that Iowa State had.
Since 2015 55-21 vs 39-38.
Actually developing an offensive line has something to do with it.
However, neither Iowa or Iowa State's offensive lines are any good right now.
It will be interesting to see which O-Line gets better by November.

Help Support Us

Become a patron