Assistants

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I assume Gremmel or maybe Marcus or Colbray. I can't see Colbray making the cut to 184. Maybe I am wrong.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I agree. I cant see many of the younger guys leaving with the time they should be getting and with dressers track record of development. Throw in the RTC and it should really help.

Question on the RTC. Where is the closest one currently? Does Iowa have one? I didn't think they did.
The nearest one is in Ames. The only difference is the old RTC was under the CWC and the new one is its own identity managed by Dresser. Dresser will raise the money for the RTC.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Probably about a 100 people there.
Pollard talked about the blending or CWC and Cyclone RTC.
Pollard apologized for comments about the insignificance of the CWC. It was not intended the way the comments came out.

Dresser has 7 home duals lined up already plus the Cyclone Open
New teams will be Fresno State, Drexel and Oregon State.

Wanted to have another social in 6-8 weeks and wants 500 people there. Wants to build this fan base. No just for CWC members. But wants everybody to join, but not sure where he wants the money. Molly Donnelly will get back involved in membership activities with Johnny's. etc.

Would like to raise a million dollars for the RTC/CWC. He will be the leader of RTC.
His brother Dan was also there and is helping with the fund raising. Basically he wants to get everybody back on board and he needs money to compete with the NLWC and get our program close to that level. Donate. Contact him. Get involved! Email Kevin and get on the mailing list.

Kevin Dresser
[email protected]

The budget is big. The facilities are great. Now needs the money to get the RTC going.
He wants to get 14000 in Hilton for duals

Travis, Trent, and Angel are still helping out with the freestyle sessions. They were all at the meeting. Seem to be working together in an awkward situation and Dresser thanked them for that. Dresser hasn't got in the room a lot yet.

Sound like the team is what it is now. A few walkons coming in. Did not rule out a transfer or 2 but did not talk any details.

The CWC board met afterwards with Dresser to talk out details and plans for how this whole thing will work. Not sure what happened in that meeting

Last edited:

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I agree. I cant see many of the younger guys leaving with the time they should be getting and with dressers track record of development. Throw in the RTC and it should really help.

Question on the RTC. Where is the closest one currently? Does Iowa have one? I didn't think they did.

Some will leave. They signed up for a different program and may want a fresh start elsewhere. The other problems on the team could lead to some as well. Hopefully no one of significance but long term we are in good hands.

Relic

May 22, 2008
Ames, IA
The nearest one is in Ames. The only difference is the old RTC was under the CWC and the new one is its own identity managed by Dresser. Dresser will raise the money for the RTC.

That is not correct. The CWC is technically not an RTC. The list of recognized RTCs is linked below. Currently (until the CRTC is established), the closest RTC is the one in Cedar Falls and the next closest is in Iowa City.

That's a lot of acronyms:

CWC = Cyclone Wrestling Club
RTC = Regional Training Center (for USA Wrestling)
CRTC = Cyclone Regional Training Center

Relic

//USA Wrestling's list of RTCs
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Team-USA/Regional-Training-Sites/Locations

//USA Wrestling RTC Criteria
http://content.themat.com/CoachesCorner/RTC-criteria.pdf

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Thanks Relic.

Now this is my take on what went on at the meeting. Maybe I read into some things wrong.
It does sound like the major focus is on the fund raising and getting the CRTC going.

Dom Bradley and Kyven were both at the meeting for sure. Kevin also mentioned Michael Moreno.

He also mentioned that at these future socials, he would like to get guys like Nate Carr Sr and other Cyclone greats back for the socials.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Yeah I have the rain today. Sounds like a chance tomorrow. And NO I am not going to a track meet in the rain and cold to talk with you!!!

cywr89

May 14, 2009
That is not correct. The CWC is technically not an RTC. The list of recognized RTCs is linked below. Currently (until the CRTC is established), the closest RTC is the one in Cedar Falls and the next closest is in Iowa City.

That's a lot of acronyms:

CWC = Cyclone Wrestling Club
RTC = Regional Training Center (for USA Wrestling)
CRTC = Cyclone Regional Training Center

Relic

//USA Wrestling's list of RTCs
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Team-USA/Regional-Training-Sites/Locations

//USA Wrestling RTC Criteria
http://content.themat.com/CoachesCorner/RTC-criteria.pdf

Don't get all caught up with semantics. ISU has had a RTC for several years. Maybe at this moment they don't meet all the criteria or haven't filled out the paperwork but it functions the same as any other RTC. The main point for people to understand is the only change is how the money will be raised. It will be raised by Kevin and not the CWC. Also, Kevin will make all decision regarding who to bring in. On a side note, it is amazing what the very top guys are making. For us to compete with the PSUs of the world it will take 3-4x the money that CWC annually raises.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
cywr89,
Were you at the meeting? If so, was there anything you think I stated that is wrong or that is misunderstood or left out?

cywr89

May 14, 2009
cywr89,
Were you at the meeting? If so, was there anything you think I stated that is wrong or that is misunderstood or left out?
You captured everything that should be posted on the message board :) Sounds like St. John was in Monday/Tuesday and Zadick was supposed to be there today and KD believes he will have his assistance in place by weekend. Lastly, he wants to raise the $1M by this summer. I heard previously that most of the money may have already been raised but haven't heard any confirmation.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You captured everything that should be posted on the message board :) Sounds like St. John was in Monday/Tuesday and Zadick was supposed to be there today and KD believes he will have his assistance in place by weekend. Lastly, he wants to raise the $1M by this summer. I heard previously that most of the money may have already been raised but haven't heard any confirmation.

Typical fundraising format is that you don't announce you are raising funds until you have a large donor or a few that have already locked down at least half of it. Guessing that they will be in that 600-750k area already.