Ashley to national 3x3 tryouts?

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Heard via the grape vine that Ashley Joens impressed the coaches of the national 3x3 team with her play in the recent 3x3 tournament. And she has been invited to the tryouts next week. Have not seen anything official on this.

Personally I thought the play of the entire Iowa State team in that tournament was outstanding!

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Heard via the grape vine that Ashley Joens impressed the coaches of the national 3x3 team with her play in the recent 3x3 tournament. And she has been invited to the tryouts next week. Have not seen anything official on this.

Personally I thought the play of the entire Iowa State team in that tournament was outstanding!

I think the 3X3 tournament was the tryouts - if she did indeed get invited back then I think she was selected for the team which would be a HUGE accomplishment as the World Cup is the second biggest FIBA event behind the Olympics (in Europe some would say the World Cup is bigger).

• Informative
Reactions: BenEClone and NWICY

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I think the 3X3 tournament was the tryouts - if she did indeed get invited back then I think she was selected for the team which would be a HUGE accomplishment as the World Cup is the second biggest FIBA event behind the Olympics (in Europe some would say the World Cup is bigger).
This is correct - I posted it in the other 3x3 thread last week. She's going to the World Cup - I think it's in Belgium or France. The only other name I remember from the WC squad is Lauren Cox, It's a great opportunity for her and great PR for ISU - Go Team USA!

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Formally announced on cyclones.com that Ashley Joens will be part of our national 3x3 team! Team plays in Antwerp Belgium June 21 through 26. Baylor's Lauren Cox is also part of the team.

Great honor for Ashley. She and the entire ISU team was impressive at the recent national event. Congrats, Ashley!

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Team is presently training at Duke, Kara Lawson’s base of operations. The USA women’s roster includes Cierra Burdick, Lauren Cox, Ashley Joens and Hailey Van Lith.

Reactions: Acylum