ARod buying the Timberwolves

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'll have to invite him over for a beer. I'm only three miles from the arena. ;)

Why would anyone want to buy this sorry ass franchise?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'll have to invite him over for a beer. I'm only three miles from the arena. ;)

My first reaction was... i wouldn't want to be given that franchise.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

He'll probably try to move them.

I wish Garnett was in on it, but it doesn't sound like it. ARod will have no desire to keep them in Minneapolis.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He'll probably try to move them.

I wish Garnett was in on it, but it doesn't sound like it. ARod will have no desire to keep them in Minneapolis.

I know ARod will get the headlines but he's just a minority owner and won't have a say. Ironically the Billionaire who will front the money was part of the Walmart family (playing in Target Center). This will go over well in the TC area.

Taylor wouldn't sell the team to a group who would move the team or at least wouldn't in the past. I already saw a report that Taylor said the ARod group an "understanding" the Wolves wouldn't be moved not sure if that is written in the contract though.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
They have been horrible for the 16 years I've been in town and are an embarrassment of a franchise. Always starts at the owner in pro sports, so could rise to just "poor" with new ownership. Tend to get players without the grit to get things done - too bad Jimmy Butler couldn't have stayed and whipped them (esp. KAT) into shape.

It is funny that a Walmart exec will have a team playing in Target Center - at least for as long as they're still in town. They rank way behind the Vikings, Twins, & Wild re: fan passion.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just remember, ARod played a lot of years in Seattle and they want a franchise again.

• Agree
Reactions: legi

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Just remember, ARod played a lot of years in Seattle and they want a franchise again.
Yep, IF they do move (not certain they will) I think this is where they will head. New entirely renovated Arena opening up in the Fall for their new Hockey team so they will have that venue to use.