ARob signs with Giants

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Wow Sims, ARob and Iowas Sash all to the Giants to join Sage there. The state of Iowa is well represented on the Giants team.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
Very Nice! I hope everything works out and we see him and Sims playing on Sundays. As other have said, I'm going to have to start liking the Giants.

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
A-Rob did NOT sign with giants. He got offered the opportunity to try out for them (per A-Robs twitter.)

@ARobinson_ Alexander Robinson

I see all the tweets and thank you all for the love! To clear it up I was not SIGNED I got offered the opportunity to try out for the Giants

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Regardless, I think he would stand a solid chance of making it. He's a good back, his only problem has been health. But in a guy like him, the Giants wouldn't be looking for a feature back anyway, so his health wouldn't be as big of a concern.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Regardless, I think he would stand a solid chance of making it. He's a good back, his only problem has been health. But in a guy like him, the Giants wouldn't be looking for a feature back anyway, so his health wouldn't be as big of a concern.

It's an uphill battle...to say the least.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Per his twitter. Good for him and he'll be there with Sims.
HE DID NOT SIGN __ HE WAS INVITED TO WORK_OUT.............. If THIS WAS BROADWAY, He just got invited to a Casting call ----- 1 in 150.....maybe -- Still hope of all hope he makes it.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
HE DID NOT SIGN __ HE WAS INVITED TO WORK_OUT.............. If THIS WAS BROADWAY, He just got invited to a Casting call ----- 1 in 150.....maybe -- Still hope of all hope he makes it.

Marquis Hamilton had a tryout with the Vikes and made it all the way to the last cut. Uphill battle for sure, though.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

The problem with ARob is that he's small and doesn't have top end speed. He was a productive college back when healthy, but in the pros, he's not an every down back and he doesn't have the speed or elusiveness to be a 3rd down back. He doesn't really have a position in the NFL. ARob does a lot of things well, but nothing great. For an NFL 3rd down or change of pace back, you want someone like Noel from WVU who can flat out fly. I wish him well, but I don't think he has much of a chance.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
The problem with ARob is that he's small and doesn't have top end speed. He was a productive college back when healthy, but in the pros, he's not an every down back and he doesn't have the speed or elusiveness to be a 3rd down back. He doesn't really have a position in the NFL. ARob does a lot of things well, but nothing great. For an NFL 3rd down or change of pace back, you want someone like Noel from WVU who can flat out fly. I wish him well, but I don't think he has much of a chance.

Yeah, ARob's best attributes are his intelligence & his work ethic. He's a good athlete, but not world class. That said, he knows the game inside & out and isn't going to **** a play up. If he can catch on with the Giant's special teams unit, he could be an asset. If ARob was on the field last year, do you really think he would have let this happen?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-aU3MCC_OM"]‪Desean Jackson Punt Return TD for Eagles Win vs Giants 12-19-2010‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
Wish him the best of luck, he is a true Clone. Hope he goes somewhere else though, I will not bring myself to cheer for the Little Giants.

Help Support Us

Become a patron