Army Pre-Game Highlights/Festivities

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilhu13hYwz8"]YouTube - Iowa State vs. Army Pre-game Festivities[/ame]

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Here's a pic of the Army player falling into formation post-game. They sang a song I'm not familiar with, then everybody yelled "Beat Navy" at the end. Good stuff.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I did...they were loud. I guess thats all I got to say about that.

we were on the south side of the Jack, never heard 'em.

My friends on the north-east side said they shook the ground. Jack Trice must have some major sound dampening built into it.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Also, why did they do the game ball parachute jump so early? I really wanted to see them land in the stadium, but didn't want to go in from tailgating 2 hours early.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Also, why did they do the game ball parachute jump so early? I really wanted to see them land in the stadium, but didn't want to go in from tailgating 2 hours early.

So they had time to fix the divot from the guy with the Army flag.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I also enjoyed the Blackhawks flying overhead. And add me to the list as to trying to understand why they parachuted in so early. When I saw them come down, the stadium was pretty much empty. I think it would have been cool if they delivered the game ball or something, when the stadium is full.

KLoISU02

Jun 2, 2006
SE IA
Yeah, I also enjoyed the Blackhawks flying overhead. And add me to the list as to trying to understand why they parachuted in so early. When I saw them come down, the stadium was pretty much empty. I think it would have been cool if they delivered the game ball or something, when the stadium is full.

The field had to be cleared to be deemed safe enough by the pentagon, and because families and children lined up on the field to bring in the teams, they had to do it super early. I was also disappointed that it wasn't later!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The field had to be cleared to be deemed safe enough by the pentagon, and because families and children lined up on the field to bring in the teams, they had to do it super early. I was also disappointed that it wasn't later!
Didn't think about that, good point.. But, it would have been entertaining watching those jumpers try to land around thousands of little kids on the field. :biglaugh:

CysMyGuy

Nov 2, 2006
Southlake TX
Here's a pic of the Army player falling into formation post-game. They sang a song I'm not familiar with, then everybody yelled "Beat Navy" at the end. Good stuff.

That is an absolute first class shot. Nice to see our players and fans showing respect to the Army team.

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
I was in section J at the south endzone right above the Army band when they came over and had to stop my son (14) and his friend from going too far. I knew that something was going to happen at the end of the game but was unaware of this as such. The respect that was given to the Army Football Team and their fans was simply incredible. There have been a lot of Cyclone Football games that I have attended both home and away in my many years and to feel the buzz in and around the stadium all day and well into the night was very special. Thanks to all for posting these videos and photos...gave me goosebumps AGAIN!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron