Arkansas will likely go 0-8 in SEC

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Would they even come back? I thought Colorado was one of the few who participated in realignment because it actually fit their ideology (and wasn't just for more $$$).

Maybe that's the case.. But I always thought Colorado left just because of the scare of the potential coming collapse of the conference that the other losers started.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Bring in Arkansas. Kick out Baylor. Give double birds to Mizzou.

My guess is any talk of kicking Baylor out would be squashed pretty quickly by Texas, Baylor and Tech.

I think the TV Contract renewal and California law to pay players will slow down any realignment talk for a few years.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does K-State not exist anymore?
Kansas State has won 21/25 games against Kansas and are on a 10 game win streak against them. I had to look that up and was amazed.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Maybe that's the case.. But I always thought Colorado left just because of the scare of the potential coming collapse of the conference that the other losers started.

I thought they'd felt out of place for a long time and the scare was just the little nudge they needed. I think they would've liked to join the pac 12 (10 at the time) but couldn't because the league was looking to add 2+CCG, without Utah's emergence, idk that they ever get their pac 12 invite. Regardless, they didn't want to be here.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My guess is any talk of kicking Baylor out would be squashed pretty quickly by Texas, Baylor and Tech.

I think the TV Contract renewal and California law to pay players will slow down any realignment talk for a few years.

Things could be nuts at that point, though.

All bets off when the TV contracts are all up for renewal and our traditional definition of "amateurism" or "student-athlete" basically matters no longer.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I thought they'd felt out of place for a long time and the scare was just the little nudge they needed. I think they would've liked to join the pac 12 (10 at the time) but couldn't because the league was looking to add 2+CCG, without Utah's emergence, idk that they ever get their pac 12 invite. Regardless, they didn't want to be here.

A professor of mine at ISU was in Boulder before he came to Ames.

He told me that Colorado going to the Pac-10 was a multi-decade ambition of theirs. They felt they were a better cultural fit with the Pac-10 schools than with the Texas schools and wanted to be rubbing shoulders with academic titans like UCLA, Berkeley, Stanford.

They just kept getting shut down because the Pac-10 wanted an even number and there were no viable partners to go with Colorado. The Pac-10 took Colorado with the full expectation they would bag much of the Big 12 South, probably something like this...

Pac-16 West
---
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Southern California
Stanford
UCLA
Washington
Washington State

Pac-16 East
---
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

They took Colorado with the expectation they would land the other five. When they did not, they took Utah as the "least bad" option to even things back out. I bet if they knew they were only going to get Colorado and Utah out of the deal, they would have stayed at ten.

It is my understanding the California schools turn their nose at Utah (and for obvious reasons). BYU has a snowball's chance in heck of ever ending up in that conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think we have room to talk here...

View attachment 67569
Oh we absolutely do not have any room to talk.. The only difference in the two series is that our losses in the last 10 years were all really close and most of KU's losses were ginormous. Also, it's garbage we aren't on a two game winning streak against KSU.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Oh we absolutely do not have any room to talk.. The only difference in the two series is that our losses in the last 10 years were all really close and most of KU's losses were ginormous. Also, it's garbage we aren't on a two game winning streak against KSU.

Two in a row for sure, and we had great chances to close out 4 of the last five. Very evenly matched programs the last five years.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Bring in Arkansas. Kick out Baylor. Give double birds to Mizzou.
Hah! I'd take this in a second.

Arkansas has a proud basketball history and still gets great crowds too. Would be nice to add for that reason compared to Baylor's men's bball smattering of fans.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Guess I don't know why Texas or TTU would fight to keep Baylor in the conference. I don't see the benefit to UT of having Baylor in the conference vs. an out of state team that UT can use to expand its exposure and brand.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Guess I don't know why Texas or TTU would fight to keep Baylor in the conference. I don't see the benefit to UT of having Baylor in the conference vs. an out of state team that UT can use to expand its exposure and brand.
Not to mention Baylor is a private school.

L

LincolnWay187

I work across the aisle from an arkansas guy. He says they dont like that UT has a Network. That thing has to die.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron