Are we still running the Pistol?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
The replies to this thread are fantastic. +1 to all for your history & theatre references.

I hereby nominate this thread for "CF Thread of the Month"...yet I will admit I'm secretly hoping the "AISOLHG" Spider-Man thread takes home the honor.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I know nothing about X's and O's, but I felt like all I heard about in August was how the pistol was going to revolutionize the offense compared to last year. I still don't really know what it is, but are we still running it? If we are, why isn't it working?

We are running the Courtney Chauchat formation...a variation of the pistol.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It doesn't matter what kind of gun they use, they always shoot themselves in the foot

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
[h=2]If not the pistol, maybe the slingshot offense[/h]
Which version of offense do you prefer?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was listening to the director's comments of Les Miserables. He said that a lot of the revolutions were basically a group provoking riots and hoping that the others around them would join in. I sometimes feel that way about our fb team. Some of the players do their thing hoping the others will join in.

So you are saying we need ISU Football - The Musical?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The problem with our oline is all those little opposing defensive guys keep jumping around and they are then hard to block for our oline stodgies. If they would just stay in place, we could block much better.

Seriously, I thought our oline looked better than our dline last game.