• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
I'm glad you contacted Chris, and the appropriate course of action is to contact a mod or administrator if there is a question about deleted content or a ban. Open letters usually don't go over well in this realm.

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I tried to do that last Friday, but banning also removed my ability to pm.

Given my perception of the ban, I felt a public discussion might be beneficial to the community.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I created three threads. One was deleted within one minute of creation. The second was a poll asking fellow CFers their opinion on the situation and was deleted after about 15 votes and a few discussion posts.

I would object to the idea that I was spamming the message board with unnecessary threads.
Ha, I've created 3 threads in the 6 years I've been on this site.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
OP, if you actually wanted to be constructive, you wouldn't have publicly posted your PM to Chris.

All this is doing is jumping up and down like a little kid yelling "look at me! look at me!"

This childish airing of grievances wrapped in pedantic language is unnecessary and does not paint you as the adult in this scenario.

The mods clearly had their reasons, and you need to understand during a time when there is a huge flurry of activity and people with feelings hurt, the mods were on extra lockdown to try to keep order. The fact that you "only" created 3 threads... what if 100 other people did that too? There are a LOT of users here. It would get out of control very quickly.

Not to mention, there is still PLENTY to enjoy on Cyclonefanatic without the ability to post. Maybe consider just reading for a while. Oh, and stop taking a banning so personally. I'm fairly certain that it isn't going to make the rounds in your local gossip circles and tarnish your personal reputation with the people you know.

In any case, I've typed too much already, considering I know it doesn't matter what I think. But seriously, OP, grow up.

Reactions: Angie

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
images

BodeClone

May 15, 2014
attachment.php

Attachments

• hey-wanna-know-something-you-can-believe-in-nobody-cares.jpg
    hey-wanna-know-something-you-can-believe-in-nobody-cares.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 295

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I created three threads. One was deleted within one minute of creation. The second was a poll asking fellow CFers their opinion on the situation and was deleted after about 15 votes and a few discussion posts.

I would object to the idea that I was spamming the message board with unnecessary threads.

Well, there's no longer a poll, so I'll just share my opinion...I think you're a whiny b****.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
An "abuse of power"...lol! Plus writes this long, serious open letter, then "signs" it with his screen name. Haahaahaaa! Internet, serious business indeed!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Says something about CF when people can't go 7 days without it.

I like CF and have never been banned, but if I was I think I would just go outside for a week...weather is pretty nice right about now too. Consider yourself lucky you weren't banned in the winter is my point...I guess.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I do find it funny that the answer is 'PM the mods', but when they ban you (often without any sort of warning) that ban disables your ability to PM.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Id suggest mods have their own "work" email for CF purposes only on their signatures for situations like this, but then I feel like their emails would be spammed and that's the last thing they need

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
This seems to me like the guy who gets drunk at the bar and is all skeezy to the women, so they throw him out, and then he stands out front of the bar screaming about how he's going to sue them for violating his civil rights, and telling people that are going in that they shouldn't go in, because the owners are fascist pigs.

Reactions: LindenCy