Appears we open up @TCU on Sept. 26

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Why are they pushing it so far back? What’s going to change between say Labor Day and 9/26?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I always prefer Texas road games later in the season due to weather, but I'll take this as the opener.
I could see TCU improving throughout the year so good to get them early.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and aauummm

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Why are they pushing it so far back? What’s going to change between say Labor Day and 9/26?

Just spit balling, but it would allow over a month between the return of other students to campus and the start of games. You'd know which programs were able to prevent outbreaks and what not.

I know you're just "NO FOOOSSBALLL FOR ANYONE", but that's the logic here.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If we even have a season, are visiting schools getting tickets to sell to their fans, or is it only the home teams fans that will be present at any away games.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I understand pushing it back. But I do think it’s less likely we have games if we push the season back. Oh well.

selfishly I’m super excited.

ethically and morally I’m conflicted. I’m not sure playing is the right thing to do.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just spit balling, but it would allow over a month between the return of other students to campus and the start of games. You'd know which programs were able to prevent outbreaks and what not.

I know you're just "NO FOOOSSBALLL FOR ANYONE", but that's the logic here.

Im not anti football. I’m anti perpetuation of this pandemic in any form. We can’t keep looking for “loopholes” and making exceptions or we will never get out of it and I don’t want to have to hold my now 4 year old back from Kindergarten until 2022.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I keep going back and forth on whether or not schools can monitor players closely enough to not have this be a disaster. But, I still can't see any situation where allowing fan attendance is a good idea, even at half capacity.

I don't see a good way to socially distance thousands of fans in concourses, bathrooms, food lines and seats. They will be removing masks to eat and drink. That's not even taking into account the fans that already refuse to mask up.

IMO, fans being allowed to attend is the greater risk to starting back up.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Im not anti football. I’m anti perpetuation of this pandemic in any form. We can’t keep looking for “loopholes” and making exceptions or we will never get out of it and I don’t want to have to hold my now 4 year old back from Kindergarten until 2022.

The only way college football will increase the spread is if you allow fans at games, and that isn't happening.

Waiting till the end of September allows programs to set up something nearly equivalent to a bubble, and be fully aware of it's effectiveness.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I would guess part of it is to allow institutions to get testing protocols firmly in place but idk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron