Anyone subscribe to MLB.tv?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Makes no sense Iowa has the most blackout restrictions across the nation with 6, despite having 0 professional baseball teams in the state.

I don't see how the MLB doesn't find this idea absurd, as they are literally turning down money. I, too, would drop so much dime if I were guaranteed I could watch the Cubs play every time I wanted to.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Makes no sense Iowa has the most blackout restrictions across the nation with 6, despite having 0 professional baseball teams in the state.

I don't see how the MLB doesn't find this idea absurd, as they are literally turning down money. I, too, would drop so much dime if I were guaranteed I could watch the Cubs play every time I wanted to.

You can. Get a VPN, like unblock-us

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Only reason I will not be purchasing PS Vue is that I don't enjoy the minute or two delay.

Really ruined the World Series experience getting alerts before an at bat even occurred lol

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I borrow it from a buddy but yeah you can't watch Cubs game on it in Iowa.

I have direct tv so between CSN, ESPN, The local channels, fsn when they play the Cardinals, I probably get about 85-90 percent of the games.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Obviously not a fan of area teams, but it sucks when the Giants play a team here. I get Extra Innings so I can watch San Francisco (and Oakland) on tv or online, but they blackout the Giants broadcast when at Chicago, St. Louis, etc., so I'm stuck watching the local feeds. Have tried synching the radio pxp with the muted local video broadcast, but it's always off just enough to make it not worth the effort. I can't complain TOO much because I do get to see the vast majority of games I want to watch with the crew I want to listen to.

SIX days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training. The start of the season will be like a shot of heroin. Um, so I've heard... o_O

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
I am in Des Moines and got rid of cable last year. Thinking about getting Playstation Vue for 34.99 a month for the package that includes Comcast Chicago.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I am in Des Moines and got rid of cable last year. Thinking about getting Playstation Vue for 34.99 a month for the package that includes Comcast Chicago.
That's basically what I am thinking about doing now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nice thing with MLB.TV is the ability to sync the radio feed with the game.

Pat and Ron > Len and Jim by a country mile
Coomer has grown on me. I hated him at first, and probably because of just not having Ronnie around anymore. Pat is absolutely the best though, no question.

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Coomer has grown on me. I hated him at first, and probably because of just not having Ronnie around anymore. Pat is absolutely the best though, no question.

I'm pretty sure Pat could carry me for a few innings as I'd try to do my best Steve Stone impression.

Now that Vin is gone Pat has to be the best guy out there. A pleasure to listen to. Hot day, cold drink, Pat and the Cubs on the radio....

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Bump.

Just remembered (via trying to pull up the game on mlb.tv) that ESPN Sunday Night broadcasts are blacked out nationally. I seem to have mastered using firstrow so I'm not totally SOL, but would gladly pay a few bucks more to get this type of blackout lifted (assuming MLB.tv could negotiate w/ ESPN to kick money their way instead...but maybe that's not how these things work).

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Is there a way to do that on my Apple TV or iPad? I get the app for free on Tuesday from TMobile.

Pretty sure unblock-us works on Apple TV. Phones & iPads don't work do to gps locating. There are tons of VPN providers out there too. If you just google "MLB.tv workaround", you'll find tons of stuff on how to do it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I live in Central Iowa and the Yankees vs. Rays was blacked out for me yesterday. The blackout rules are absurd.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron