Anyone seen The Batman (2022)? - Spoilers...

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I know Edward Cullen jokes are funny but Pattinson has turned into a pretty good character actor.

He was excellent in stuff like The Lost City of Z and The Lighthouse.
It's almost a shame. I loved the Lost City of Z book and I had high hopes for a film.
But there are some things I can't get past. I won't watch Pattinson in anything. Same with Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner.
Similarly I won't watch the "stars" of The Big Bang Theory in anything. There are certain crimes that are not ok.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
About halfway through I was thinking this is a damn good movie. The second half completely lost me and it kept going and going and going... I wanted it to end. I don't mind a long movie but most of the second half of this one should have ended up on the cutting room floor, IMO.

Edit: I thought Pattinson was surprisingly good in the role.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It's almost a shame. I loved the Lost City of Z book and I had high hopes for a film.
But there are some things I can't get past. I won't watch Pattinson in anything. Same with Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner.
Similarly I won't watch the "stars" of The Big Bang Theory in anything. There are certain crimes that are not ok.

I think you have to forgive Pattinson. He's carving out a nice career for himself. He seems pretty discerning about picking scripts and directors that will produce quality stuff, too.

Stewart just isn't a very good actress/always seems to pick bad scripts -- not much lost there.

I don't think anybody is at risk of seeing Taylor Lautner in a movie ever again.

:D

I would say more or less the same about The Big Bang Theory crew.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
About halfway through I was thinking this is a damn good movie. The second half completely lost me and it kept going and going and going... I wanted it to end. I don't mind a long movie but most of the second half of this one should have ended up on the cutting room floor, IMO.

Edit: I thought Pattinson was surprisingly good in the role.

They got on a few tangents trying to create spinoffs and it was obvious. The Thomas Wayne arc felt totally unnecessary but according to a coworker it was there for the Arkham Asylum series they're making (not 100 sure if this is correct or not, just what i was told)

Movie needs serious fat trim. I feel like the foundation was there for an all time great movie.

Reactions: ruxCYtable

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
New Batman movie: noir meets Se7en. Kept thinking Riddler was a lot like Jon Doe in that detective film. So creepy. Insane. It worked for Riddler.

It’s something we really haven’t seen out of Batman films yet, being a great detective. This was just straight up an actual detective film.

I thought it was fun and clever. Absolutely enjoyed it. Cast was great. Well done!

Reactions: enisthemenace

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm not gonna watch it. Too many damn comic book movies anymore. That and remakes/reboots. Get some fresh ideas, Hollywood!

There are tons of new ideas - people don’t go to the movies to watch them unfortunately. That’s why we keep getting this super hero stuff.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Just saw this movie. Haven’t read anything about it other than “the movie is long and dark”. Well…both are correct. ****, that movie is long and dark.

It’s also almost entirely a rip-off of other movies.

I agree with @xboxfever …this movie puts the characters in comic book situations brilliantly. The audience had to cut through the disturbing darkness to get there, but there’s even some hidden campiness, which I appreciated.

However…most of the movie rips off other films…and not even the same genres so it can’t be satire (can it?)…badly.

It was mentioned above by @WalkingCY that The Riddler was kind of like John Doe from Se7en. Well, he was EXACTLY like that. It wasn’t even that. It was the whole movie ambience. Lifted.

“The Penguin” was a 100% lift from The Untouchables.

For f sake, there is even a 100% lift early straight out of Halloween (car murder). I mean…the entire scene is almost exact.

Those are just a few examples. I really don’t see a lot of original content in this film. It’s weird. Oh yeah…it’s long too.

There is the scene with the DA. The DA scene. That one was awesome. I’m not sure there are many better. Too bad it was 45 minutes into the movie, because it drags after that, and it’s really too bad. Could have been awesome. Drop some ****.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I never was a big superhero movie guy but I refuse to watch any more Batman or Spider-Man movies. How many more times can they be rehashed? It’s getting absurd