Anyone see this nonsense?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bulletin board material gets overused...but this definitely qualifies.

I begrudgingly was with them if they were going to start putting five star backups in there...but an unknown who transferred to Kansas? What little stats he has aren't more impressive than Park (or Lanning).

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones and Doc

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Talk about lazy. He didn't even check to see if all teams in the Big 12 were mentioned. Someone should send this to Campbell so he can print it out and paste it on Park's locker.

Is there a rule that says every team needed mention? A lot of year's our starting QB is not a top 10 QB in the conference because Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma State have 2-3 that are better than our starter.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Talk about lazy. He didn't even check to see if all teams in the Big 12 were mentioned. Someone should send this to Campbell so he can print it out and paste it on Park's locker.

I'd say that's lazy reading because he does mention that not every team will have one on the list. Not that I agree with the list... at all.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
This is what happens when you win 2-4 games per year and consistently have the worst QBs/passing game in the league.

Completely understandable if history feeds into it (recent down seasons and no standout QBs). If 10 writers compiled a list like this, having Park 6th or lower probably wouldn't surprise me.

But his 9th and 10th picks are vague expectations with no real-game stats ... Most of the KU profile is it's a guy recruited by Leach and now they have an OC from TCU.

Some of Park’s Big 12 rankings, 2016:
Passing avg/game: 7th
Pass efficiency: 6th
Total offense: 8th (Among top 10, he played in the fewest games, 10)

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Is there a rule that says every team needed mention? A lot of year's our starting QB is not a top 10 QB in the conference because Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma State have 2-3 that are better than our starter.
No, but stats state otherwise on Park. Not only that two of them are on potential. If that's the case Park was recruited by Georgia as a 4 star out of high school. Obvious bias in that article.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
To play Devils advocate. Our starting quarterback this year could not beat out our inside linebacker last year.
Uh, except Park did beat out Lanning, which is exactly why Lanning moved to LB. Park didn't beat out the returning starting QB and captain of the team at the start of the season because he hadn't played an organized game of football in several years.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I think Park deserves a spot on the list, even if it's number 10. But Campbell didn't even have him as our full-time QB until after the season was over. So I'm not sure we can blame a Dallas writer for being unsure where to rank him. Its up to Park to prove where he belongs on that list.

• Agree
Reactions: weR138

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
That author should read Cyclone Fanatic. He'd know that Park is Joe Montana crossed with John Elway and Tom Brady.

85% completion next season, 0 INT's and 100 TD's. Mark it down
vauEUgn.gif

SouthTulsaPoke

Nov 14, 2011
Tulsa, OK
"No, but stats state otherwise on Park. Not only that two of them are on potential. If that's the case Park was recruited by Georgia as a 4 star out of high school.Obvious bias in that article."
-----------------

Yes...and Park lost the state championship to a 3-star QB who is #2 on that list. Stars mean nothing.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I'm not even going to waste my time addressing Brady Vardeman personally. Let's just say he's lucky I'm not. I need to cut people like him some slack for having zero perspective outside of where they were born. I seriously doubt this little boy has been north of Oklahoma, unless his parents decided to drive him up to Kansas City the last 5 years to see us knock the pig snot out of his Texas/Oklahoma teams in the Big 12 tournament. People down there are the worst homers there are. Go feed stupid somewhere else because I am not hungry right now Brady......

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
"No, but stats state otherwise on Park. Not only that two of them are on potential. If that's the case Park was recruited by Georgia as a 4 star out of high school.Obvious bias in that article."
-----------------

Yes...and Park lost the state championship to a 3-star QB who is #2 on that list. Stars mean nothing.
Cool story.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
-----------------

What?