Anyone see a comparison ....

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
smell, consistency, heft, buoyancy, all consistent with a turd.

also this... Amazon.com: Through My Eyes (9780062007285): Tim Tebow, Nathan Whitaker: Books

Yep, he's a turd.

So he wrote a book and is now a turd?

Just because ESPN is also the turd, doesn't mean Tebow isn't.

Mostly I was being facetious, but it's made clear in the Bible that religion isn't meant to be made a spectacle. I seriously doubt God cares if Tim Tebow makes a touchdown.

The media makes more of a spectacle on Tebow's religious beliefs then Tebow does. Seriously, the guy does ALOT of good things...hes does not deserve one bit of negative rep.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

The media makes more of a spectacle on Tebow's religious beliefs then Tebow does. Seriously, the guy does ALOT of good things...hes does not deserve one bit of negative rep.

The media wouldn't have anything to make a spectacle of if he didn't do everything incredibly publicly.

He does a lot of good things, that's great, and good for him. I just have a lot more respect for people who do them quietly, per God's word.

Reactions: FarminCy

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

yeah, that pretty much sums it up, for me. Turds can write books.

Turds who wrote books:
James Frey
Hitler
Tim Tebow

I'm sure there are more, but they're the main ones.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The media wouldn't have anything to make a spectacle of if he didn't do everything incredibly publicly.

He does a lot of good things, that's great, and good for him. I just have a lot more respect for people who do them quietly, per God's word.

I'm sure God would approve of your calling Tebow a turd.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I don't really have a problem with Tebow. The problem I have is the amount of publicity he gets from sports media. I would equate it to the same amount that celebrities gain from the paparazzi. It seems that espn has wanted to latch on to him because he is a "good" guy in a league full of players with character issues.

However, I think that espn is a whole pile of manure.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA

I'm not sure why I'm replying to this because it will get modded and this thread is going to be scrubbed because it's turned into a religious argument, but this could be one of the more off base posts I've seen on this site in a while.

Where exactly does it say in the Bible to conceal your spirituality privately, and quietly pass along the word of the Lord?

It doesn't, the Bible is full of stories and parables where individuals shout their praises to the Lord and lift their voices for all to be heard.

Jesus ****** himself was a walking spectacle. He invited large crowds to hear His message and to see Him perform miracles. Not exactly the definition of someone who practiced His beliefs quietly.

****** = C-H-R-I-S-T. Not sure why that doesn't pass the language filter.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm not sure why I'm replying to this because it will get modded and this thread is going to be scrubbed because it's turned into a religious argument, but this could be one of the more off base posts I've seen on this site in a while.

Where exactly does it say in the Bible to conceal your spirituality privately, and quietly pass along the word of the Lord?

It doesn't, the Bible is full of stories and parables where individuals shout their praises to the Lord and lift their voices for all to be heard.

Jesus ****** himself was a walking spectacle. He invited large crowds to hear His message and to see Him perform miracles. Not exactly the definition of someone who practiced His beliefs quietly.

****** = C-H-R-I-S-T. Not sure why that doesn't pass the language filter.

It was striken due to past concerns by some of the more zealous over people taking the lord's name in vain - or so I've been told by an MOD or two.

The bible also talks about when you fast, wash your face and go about as you normally would. When you give alms, don't do it for everyone to see, but do it privately so your reward will be in heaven rather than on earth.

I have a feeling this is where Ang is going.

Reactions: Angie

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
It was striken due to past concerns by some of the more zealous over people taking the lord's name in vain - or so I've been told by an MOD or two.

The bible also talks about when you fast, wash your face and go about as you normally would. When you give alms, don't do it for everyone to see, but do it privately so your reward will be in heaven rather than on earth.

I have a feeling this is where Ang is going.

I understand that. Spirituality itself isn't a competition, but in its most literal sense, a good chunk of the New Testament is about spreading the Gospel of the Lord.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
isulive2train said:
The are males...they try real hard...both use twitter...and ball so hard.

When you say ball do you mean this:

tebow-jump-pass.jpg

or this:

tim-tebow-crying.jpg

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
This may be a 'welcome to the Cave' post, but I seriously believe that God does care if Tebow makes a touchdown, not from a rooting for a team standpoint, but as part of that personal relationship shaping Tim's character standpoint.

Was going to rep you on this but I have to spread it around first.

Yes, God cares about Tim Tebow scoring TDs, I am sure he cares about all aspects of Tebow's life. Tebow and God have a personal relationship, through which there is care both ways. That personal relationship is the most rewarding thing people will find in life.

Great post.

(I prolly just put this in the cave, my bad)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Was going to rep you on this but I have to spread it around first.

Yes, God cares about Tim Tebow scoring TDs, I am sure he cares about all aspects of Tebow's life. Tebow and God have a personal relationship, through which there is care both ways. That personal relationship is the most rewarding thing people will find in life.

Great post.

(I prolly just put this in the cave, my bad)

There are probably a lot of players on the other teams' defense who are just as good Christians or Jews or Muslims who God cares about just as much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron