Anyone got away trip plans for the Big12 newcomers?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I was planning to go to Cincy but I have a wedding that day. Utah is just too far of a drive, so I will hold out until we play at UCF.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If anyone is thinking about Ohio skip Cincitucky and head to Athens instead. Real Appalachia.

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Headed to BYU. I live in Phoenix and there are 4 Cyclones in my office. Owner is from Utah (hates BYU), and a good chunk of our staff is from there too. A few BYU fans in the bunch, and one of their brother in laws is on the BYU coaching staff. Some interoffice bragging rights on the line so we are planning a group trip up for the game. Sideline passes are an option, but we don't know if we want them. They are on the BYU side, and you can't wear the opposing team or cheer for the opposing team since the passes came from BYU coaches. Still working through that issue. Not sure if I could contain my fandom for a full game. Excited either way.

Reactions: NWICY and crs8975

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Huh....

You wanna drink? Ok, but just know we're taxing you a ridiculous amount. And we're gonna use that money to feed school kids and to prevent those same kids from becoming a degenerate like you. Oh yeah, and we're also going to use that money to throw you in jail after you've been drinking. Enjoy!

Alcohol is taxed a lot but it helps pay the bills

Utahns pay a lot for the alcohol they buy in state-run stores. Spirits and wine are marked up 88% on the wholesale cost, while heavy beer is marked up 66.5%.

While the DABC stores generate millions, more than half a billion last year, the agency does not keep all of the profits. After covering expenses — and employee wages and benefits — all net proceeds go to the state.

Most of the money funnels into a general fund to be used however the Legislature sees fit. The rest is divided among other programs, including the school lunch, underage-drinking prevention and liquor law enforcement.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
SLC is a direct flight to Des Moines and SLC has light rail from Airport to a few miles away from the stadium.
Des Moines doesn't have the direct anymore unfortunately. I flew it a few times for work which was awesome. BYU's stadium is pretty sweet from the outside. Hoping to make that trip

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I plan on going to the Cincinnati game. I live about 60 minutes from the stadium. It’s a cool place to watch a game because the stadium is in the middle of campus with buildings around it and the field is below ground level. At least that is how I remember it from a game I attended many years ago.

Reactions: Cycho1

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I plan on going to the Cincinnati game. I live about 60 minutes from the stadium. It’s a cool place to watch a game because the stadium is in the middle of campus with buildings around it and the field is below ground level. At least that is how I remember it from a game I attended many years ago.

On TV it looked very small, but I read it's about a 40,000 seat venue which is in the ballpark of our Cyclone Stadium days.

Only their fans look like they're on top of the action. At least it looked like that on screen. Like a hall closet