Anyone following the Hawks forums?

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
Just curious if anyone is following the Hawks forums and what the tone is after their devastating loss.

I did see some random items on the DM Register site with Gopher fans poking them.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The newest one is them blaming our sound system being played for too long when they had the ball. Quite entertaining.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Did right after the loss, moving on to UCONN now though. Most important game of the season happens Friday.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The newest one is them blaming our sound system being played for too long when they had the ball. Quite entertaining.

I went back to the Steele Jantz = Jesus thread they had going over there several months ago. It was an absolutely fantastic read. I promise you if you read it you will get more then just a few laughs at the idiot hok fans expense. THH, Hokfromnorwalk, and a few of the usual suspects were eating some very large quantities of crow served up by Jesus last Saturday. :yes:

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I lost interest when the sound system travesty thread got to 6 pages. I may be back for basketball or when they lose to Minnesota again

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
A few gems from that thread....

"I have never seen such a mediocre player hyped up by a fanbase this much since the great Bo Williams." - imported_hawkfan123

"It's fun to watch Clownation get a paper-star player and watch them go from worship status through the 5 stages of grief......." - imported_ankle23

"Must be some soft competition since he couldn't cut it as a walk on at Hawaii."
- imported_hawkfan123

"Win the Hawk-Cy Trophy the next couple years!!!! Oh god that's hilarious! LMFAO!!!!!!!!" - twinhawkfans

"Who cares. Jantz could hit a Pepsi can from 75 yards away and it still won't matter. Until ISU gets receivers that actually realize they are supposed to catch the ball Jantz or whatever bumbling idiot they put behind center will be worthless." - hawkfromnorwalk

"That pouty face is going to look real nice down in the dirt..." - hawkfromnorwalk

"So the only competition he has played against is a year or two of high school kids and a year of community college kids? We will see how he does when he faces defenses that actually have pulses." - hawkfromnorwalk

I wonder if they would like anything else with their crow?

eatingcrow.jpg

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
"Win the Hawk-Cy Trophy the next couple years!!!! Oh god that's hilarious! LMFAO!!!!!!!!" - twinhawkfans

That one kills me because of the uber confidence. Anything from import is ignorant rubbish.

norwalk flip flops depending on his hormone levels.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

"I have never seen such a mediocre player hyped up by a fanbase this much since the great Bo Williams." - imported_hawkfan123

"It's fun to watch Clownation get a paper-star player and watch them go from worship status through the 5 stages of grief......." - imported_ankle23

"Must be some soft competition since he couldn't cut it as a walk on at Hawaii."
- imported_hawkfan123

"Who cares. Jantz could hit a Pepsi can from 75 yards away and it still won't matter. Until ISU gets receivers that actually realize they are supposed to catch the ball Jantz or whatever bumbling idiot they put behind center will be worthless." - hawkfromnorwalk

"That pouty face is going to look real nice down in the dirt..." - hawkfromnorwalk

"So the only competition he has played against is a year or two of high school kids and a year of community college kids? We will see how he does when he faces defenses that actually have pulses." - hawkfromnorwalk

eatingcrow.jpg

That one is my favorite.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado

That one kills me because of the uber confidence. Anything from import is ignorant rubbish.

It's like taking anything Clones21 says on here seriously. :D

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I do feel a bit dirty like Steve Deace as in going over their cocky posts and then the posts during the postgame meltdown... very similar to Deace's show back in 2005 on the Monday following ISU's 23-3 win. The most epic show ever done in Iowa sports talk radio history. So in that sense... I am ok with it.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

- imported_hawkfan123

eatingcrow.jpg

Obviously, some of the "deep" thinkers of that group. They fill up salt shakers instead of mason jars and set them over Bunsen burners

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Boys....boys....boys...

Give the Squawkeyes a break They just lost their MOST IMPORTANT GAME of this or any other season....

If the squawks didnt care they wouldn't be griping and moaning and groaning since saturday afternoon....:twitcy:

Hey squawk fans dont read the OWH they're already worried that the squawks will lose too many games prior to nov 25th and render that historic matchup....well...meaningless....:twitcy:

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
"Iowa band to the sound system playing EVERY time Iowa got under center is comical. I was at the game, and the sound system is/was deafening. I'm no fogey and all for generating crowd excitement, but the sound was over the top.

It's one thing if the crowd is loud when the opponent is under center, that is to be expected and part of homefield advantage. but what went on with the piped noise while Iowa was under center was ridiculous." - Dodgerhawki

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
"I've just watched a video of how the Iowa State head coach acted after the game. It reinforced the general feeling among Iowa fans that ISU is a magnet for hicks. I've got reservations about how Ferentz does not seem to emotionally engage with the team or fans, but the ISU coach is out of control. I hope the Hawks beat them 84-0 next year. Let's see how emotional he gets after that."

- vhshawk

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
"I've just watched a video of how the Iowa State head coach acted after the game. It reinforced the general feeling among Iowa fans that ISU is a magnet for hicks. I've got reservations about how Ferentz does not seem to emotionally engage with the team or fans, but the ISU coach is out of control. I hope the Hawks beat them 84-0 next year. Let's see how emotional he gets after that."

- vhshawk

Now that is funny!!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron