Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
FWIW Altman's poor handling of player sexual assault cases at Oregon makes it hard to believe he would be a Pollard hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: erinmd32

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Family is all in the Midwest and apparently not far from Central Iowa
Oh I know. Saw a lot of his Creighton games in the 2000s. He's 62 and has things rolling at Oregon. If he wants to be around family he could retire in a few years on top. He wants to rebuild at 62 just to be around family? :confused:

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
One good thing about Pollard being on the committee is he is currently doing a deep dive into and engaging in a spirited discussion about every successful basketball program in the nation.

Should make it easier for him to pick a replacement.

• Agree
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Unless they have staff who actually does all that work.
I'm sure they have staff doing a lot of the grunt work. But JP said in an interview that there is a lot of work he is putting in as well. That includes making the case for different teams and listening to others make the case for other teams.

But the main point I'm making is that is a lot broader and diverse set of opinions he is listening too versus a typical coaching search of listening to the opinion of a search firm and a few trusted people.

The other point I'm making is this has forced JP to get out of his bubble and is getting a good survey course in what is working in college basketball across the nation.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm sure they have staff doing a lot of the grunt work. But JP said in an interview that there is a lot of work he is putting in as well. That includes making the case for different teams and listening to others make the case for other teams.

But the main point I'm making is that is a lot broader and diverse set of opinions he is listening too versus a typical coaching search of listening to the opinion of a search firm and a few trusted people.

The other point I'm making is this has forced JP to get out of his bubble and is getting a good survey course in what is working in college basketball across the nation.

I think that's just the standard talk they've given for decades. There's no legitimate way they get together and put the tournament together in a weekend. The committee is just putting a face on a process that's pretty much done when they get there.
This is calling anyone a liar. It's just a hype game.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Points per game is meaningless without being adjusted for tempo.
The scoring margin is due to their offense.

I know it doesn’t fit the narrative, but Hoiball has good (enough) defense.
Well that Hoiball "good enough" defense was non-existent in the second half against Penn State - Neb was outscored by 20 and got killed on the boards. It's all about effort. Penn State had it and Nebraska didn't.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Well that Hoiball "good enough" defense was non-existent in the second half against Penn State - Neb was outscored by 20 and got killed on the boards. It's all about effort. Penn State had it and Nebraska didn't.

It wasn’t good enough in 2010-11 too. Very happy we didn’t base any decisions on one season, let alone one GAME.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: CloneIce and Cycl1

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I can tell you never played competitive basketball.

I can tell you’ve never watched, played, or coached a sport. False authority, you are.

That’s okay, it’s a message board. It’s the lacking in basic cognitive abilities that’s disturbing.