Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Dana Altman would be a seriously strong hire for ISU. There are a couple of former B10 coaches that would continue the Johnny Orr tradition as well. A lot of solid candidates for what most would consider a plumb job. Bringing back "the mayor," however, makes no sense to me.

the Johnny Orr tradition of never winning on the road?

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I hope whatever the news is, JP gets going on it. I guess he's on the Selection Committee and all but wouldn't he have made his mind up already?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I hope whatever the news is, JP gets going on it. I guess he's on the Selection Committee and all but wouldn't he have made his mind up already?

The season isn’t over and the person he’s likely going to pick is still coaching. No reason to worry.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
The season isn’t over and the person he’s likely going to pick is still coaching. No reason to worry.

Point taken. Obviously, the season isn't over. Just want to be proactive as other multiple jobs open up and often fill up fast.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Point taken. Obviously, the season isn't over. Just want to be proactive as other multiple jobs open up and often fill up fast.

And literally nothing has happened yet. Hell minnesota isn’t even open yet.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
What am I missing here? Why is Altman even being discussed? There’s a 0% chance he leaves Oregon for ISU.
I agree the chances of landing Atman are slim. However, I would put that above the chances of landing Fred. And to be perfectly frank, Altman is a better coach than Fred. Therefore, I prefer him.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
the Johnny Orr tradition of never winning on the road?
Your correct that Johnny’s teams struggled mightily on the road. However, he is the Godfather of Iowa State basketball who made ISU BB fun and exciting. He paved the way for the successes of later coaches like Floyd, LE, and Fred. I don’t think you can understate that fact.

Last edited:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
He's not a bum. By all accounts he's a really good, decent, respectable guy. Therefore I'll restate your question: Did we fire this respectable but failing coach yet? :)

Well I was originally going to say “did we fire this piece of **** yet”, but I thought I’d tame it down for the girls.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Your correct that Johnny’s teams struggled mightily on the road. However, he is the Godfather of Iowa State basketball who made ISU BB fun and exciting. He paved the way for the successes of later coaches like Floyd, LE, and Fred. I don’t think you can understate that fact.
No I think everyone gets that. However, wanting that type of basketball is like asking for Dan McCarney football.