Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
This cannot be true, ive heard there are donors lined up to pay the buyout. 5 million is nothing compared to the losses you will face when you dont have anyone watching the games or anyone putting money into the program.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I wonder if Jamie would look back to Wisconsin and Steve Wojciechowski at Marquette. His teams there are fun and Milwaukee has been a good spot for us in recruiting. This begs the question of whether he'd leave Marquette for ISU tho too... since the Big East is considered "Power Six" and they play in an absolutely beautiful new arena.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
This cannot be true, ive heard there are donors lined up to pay the buyout. 5 million is nothing compared to the losses you will face when you dont have anyone watching the games or anyone putting money into the program.
I am not convinced though that a new coach is going to change any of the lack of excitement for the program next year unless it was a huge name.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I wonder if Jamie would look back to Wisconsin and Steve Wojciechowski at Marquette. His teams there are fun and Milwaukee has been a good spot for us in recruiting. This begs the question of whether he'd leave Marquette for ISU tho too... since the Big East is considered "Power Six" and they play in an absolutely beautiful new arena.

I thought Woj was on the hot seat in Milwaukee, not gunning for arguably a better job.

I remember when he was assumed to be Coach K's successor in training. I guess not anymore.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am not convinced though that a new coach is going to change any of the lack of excitement for the program next year unless it was a huge name.
I think you could make this claim for the year afterwords though too. My ONLY thought process behind why JP would keep Prohm for 1 more year would be because he does not like the current pool to choose from. One more year could give him options.

We're looking for the next head coach for the future of Iowa State, not just next year and a couple years after. JP cannot and should not just close his eyes and choose OR chose TJ solely based on their past relationship.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Randy is a jackass. I mean, we all already know this, but that’s just a crappy question.

Steve hasn't worked out here. Everyone knows it. I’m doubting he is retained. He also hasn’t been anything but a stand up guy. He doesn’t deserve that type of question, it’s a no win type. Steve has always been respectful to the local media. It’s not like he is Fran.

Randy on the other hand is a dinosaur. I found it extremely disrespectful to ask those questions. I know he is a journalist and it’s his job, but consider the circumstances.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
There are. But Jamie better make a good selection to replace CSP. Because at some point, the pony up to cover up ****** hires is going to dry up. His track record is god awful. Hoiberg fell in his lap and he left with a pretty bitter taste. At this point, Campbell is about all he can hang his hat on.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
There are. But Jamie better make a good selection to replace CSP. Because at some point, the pony up to cover up ****** hires is going to dry up. His track record is god awful. Hoiberg fell in his lap and he left with a pretty bitter taste. At this point, Campbell is about all he can hang his hat on.

I think JP wanted TJ but Leath overruled him. You can blame the CSP hire on Leath.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Fred left of his own accord to a tune of 25mil. Only people bitter in that deal are Cyclone fans who think Fred walks on water.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
So we are a victory level donor and have been asked multiple times about increasing whatever we can to help the $25 million athletic budget short fall which we are proud to help however we can help within reason . But $5 million is just the start for firing Steve. Let’s say we go after TJ which I’m only warm to that hire . His buyout is $3.2 million roughly to even go hire him away from UNLV and my guess since he’s making around $1.2 million right now we’d have to be a bit above that so let’s say $1.3 million. So my math shows me so you’re at almost 11 million dollars to make all this happen. So maybe we have some major donors that will help kick in to make something happen but I’m kind of sick of I’m guessing a fair amount of people on here giving their two cents of spending others money to make their programs better and I’d be shocked if they even donate at all.

Reactions: NWICY

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So we are a victory level donor and have been asked multiple times about increasing whatever we can to help the $25 million athletic budget short fall which we are proud to help however we can help within reason . But $5 million is just the start for firing Steve. Let’s say we go after TJ which I’m only warm to that hire . His buyout is $3.2 million roughly to even go hire him away from UNLV and my guess since he’s making around $1.2 million right now we’d have to be a bit above that so let’s say $1.3 million. So my math shows me so you’re at almost 11 million dollars to make all this happen. So maybe we have some major donors that will help kick in to make something happen but I’m kind of sick of I’m guessing a fair amount of people on here giving their two cents of spending others money to make their programs better and I’d be shocked if they even donate at all.

I think you'd find if you did a poll a very large number of people on this site donate. Maybe not 5k per year, but a lot do their part.

If Jaime can't find the money to fire Prohm that's on him. If this were a one off situation it'd be understandable. There is no coming back from this from a recruiting or fan support level.