Anyone dealt with Cunat property management?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
On Monday I got notice that they would be black topping the parking on Wednesday and that we had to have all cars removed by 4pm on Tuesday or otherwise face towing expenses, blah blah blah......well it's Wednesday night and supposedly I am able to park in my lot at 10 am this coming morning(thursday)...yet nothing has been done but an empty parking lot and nothing else. I can't see a black top going in before I wake up. This place is awful and they need to be held accountable for the actions they place. I guarantee if I was late on rent it would require action but I'm not in charge so another property management place in CR gets to do what they want.

Seems ridiculous to me. Are these places held accountable? Can I contact anyone to make a difference?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
My apartment complex started going up in 2013. There were no parking lines in the parking lot when I moved in mid-July of 2014 (and people do not know how to park properly if there are no lines there to guide them.) Apartment management finally brought someone in to paint lines so we could have actual parking spots in October 2014.

All the lines had worn away by March. Hope they didn't pay a pretty penny for that crap job.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
It's not complicated. Are you up for renewal? If not, when you are up for renewal, bring this up along with any other beefs that you have with the company when negotiating rates. If they like you and you are a good tenant who pays their rent on time, you will probably get a better deal because they will want to keep you. And if not, you move. Either way you win as the pm company doesn't get as much money from you in the long run as they would from another tenant.

On Monday I got notice that they would be black topping the parking on Wednesday and that we had to have all cars removed by 4pm on Tuesday or otherwise face towing expenses, blah blah blah......well it's Wednesday night and supposedly I am able to park in my lot at 10 am this coming morning(thursday)...yet nothing has been done but an empty parking lot and nothing else. I can't see a black top going in before I wake up. This place is awful and they need to be held accountable for the actions they place. I guarantee if I was late on rent it would require action but I'm not in charge so another property management place in CR gets to do what they want.

Seems ridiculous to me. Are these places held accountable? Can I contact anyone to make a difference?

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012

Hold them accountable for what? Not being able to park in your parking lot for 2 nights? Give them a bad review on line, don't renew with them, ask for a break in your rent. They haven't violated legal rights of any substance.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Also you need to realize that **** happens. Yeah it's a pain in the *** for you, but have you called the company to see why nothing has been done to the parking lot? Maybe the contractor had scheduling problems or wasn't up to snuff like the owner thought they would be. The only thing I can see that the rental company did wrong is a lack of communication with the renters.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Ooo-wee, I misread that topic title at first glance.

Sorry, nothing relevant to contribute to your query.

That's a terrible name for any company. I'm sure it's a family name, but you have to know that it's just not gonna work in the long run.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Hold them accountable for what? Not being able to park in your parking lot for 2 nights? Give them a bad review on line, don't renew with them, ask for a break in your rent. They haven't violated legal rights of any substance.

What if they guarantee off street parking in your rental agreement?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Did you call them to ask what the status of the project was? I would start there.

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Find a place to park and get over it.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Was there any rain either day that may have delayed them?

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
The parking situation is bad as it is. It is something I pay for. The office informed me that wind is what has held up the project. Corporate property management places do not care about the renters. CR tends to have some really good PM places, LOL. To me, it seems, they would want to take care of their "loyal" tenants but they do not. My rent goes up every year while the new renters get discounts and specials. I get it, it's the way of the world. Just airing some frustration.