Anybody want to guess when and who ISU is playing?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Damn, Bill and JP, your're right, smart OLD guys. Nebraska 1976, late 4th qtr and Cyclones just scored to go up by over 2 TDs. On the original the gates and the parking lots are empty of people. In twenty minutes or so the goalposts come down for the 1st time at Jack trice.
Hey, I guessed first! ;)

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
The Seiler game was cold; I don't recall weather being a factor at all in 76
The weather may not have been a factor but it was cold for the fans. These are friends of ours seated next to us at the 1976 Nebraska game. Heavy coats, gloves, stocking caps, etc. were needed for the fans! 04-12-2007 01;05;19PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCaptain

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
One other thing i notice from the old photos of Clyde Williams and early JTS, is the total lack of Cyclone gear. No jackets, etc. Some of the goofy old yellow hats with ISU on the bill, but that's about all. Times have changed. One thing I do remember as a freshman in 1975 is being to take practically anything into the stadium. They only prohibited glass bottles. We would take empty plastic gallon milk jugs and fill them with keg beer and bring them in. No problem. You could bring food in, and even smoke tobacco products if you were so inclined.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
One other thing i notice from the old photos of Clyde Williams and early JTS, is the total lack of Cyclone gear. No jackets, etc. Some of the goofy old yellow hats with ISU on the bill, but that's about all. Times have changed. One thing I do remember as a freshman in 1975 is being to take practically anything into the stadium. They only prohibited glass bottles. We would take empty plastic gallon milk jugs and fill them with keg beer and bring them in. No problem. You could bring food in, and even smoke tobacco products if you were so inclined.

And just about everyone had a wine skin - usually full of MD 20/20. Good times.

Reactions: cyclones500

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
One thing I do remember as a freshman in 1975 is being to take practically anything into the stadium. They only prohibited glass bottles. We would take empty plastic gallon milk jugs and fill them with keg beer and bring them in. No problem. You could bring food in, and even smoke tobacco products if you were so inclined.

The rule was if the container had value you could bring it into the stadium. Things like thermos, wine skins and kegs

Didn’t take long for kegs to get banned

Reactions: dtISU

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Is it just me or is the topography of current day WAY different than that original photo?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Tell me more about this utopia

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I remember listening to that 1976 game and the next years on the radio, while doing farm work. In 1977, nut cup in place I suppose, I was thinking ISU would lose, but didn’t.

IOWA STATE 24
NEBRASKA 21

Oct. 15, 1977
Lincoln, NE

The 1977 box score shows Iowa State and Dexter Green dominating the running game, as I recalled, and a dominant ISU defense:
https://www.huskermax.com/games/1977/06iowastate.html

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/11724386/1977_nebraskaiowa_state_individual/

(Many more news links at the first link)

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm