anybody know where christian french is leaning?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don't know where everyone is seeing that he's an iowa lean. I don't follow him all that much, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's a ND lean. If you can, read the update on him from a few days ago on Rivals. His dad wants him at ND. You can tell by that update.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
From the updates I've read its definitely going to be Iowa or ND.

I feel like this will turn out a lot like the AJ Derby deal did....Derby was getting some pretty good offers and was rumored to be leaning to a couple places other than Iowa, but in the end, he chose the hawks.

To me it sounds like ND may have cooled off on French a little bit over the course of the last month or so. French's dad really liked the academic's that Notre Dame has to offer, he didn't sound really concerned with the football side of things. They just visited ND this last weekend, but my understanding is that they weren't able to visit Brian Kelly....I'd assume that will be a mark against ND.

One thing working against ND is that they have pretty much told French that he will play defense at ND....at Iowa he'll definitely at least get a shot at TE and maybe WR.

It will come down to ND or Iowa for French. I'd say it is probably 50/50 right now, but my gut says Iowa will seal the deal.

dswagclone

Mar 30, 2010
From the updates I've read its definitely going to be Iowa or ND.

I feel like this will turn out a lot like the AJ Derby deal did....Derby was getting some pretty good offers and was rumored to be leaning to a couple places other than Iowa, but in the end, he chose the hawks.

To me it sounds like ND may have cooled off on French a little bit over the course of the last month or so. French's dad really liked the academic's that Notre Dame has to offer, he didn't sound really concerned with the football side of things. They just visited ND this last weekend, but my understanding is that they weren't able to visit Brian Kelly....I'd assume that will be a mark against ND.

One thing working against ND is that they have pretty much told French that he will play defense at ND....at Iowa he'll definitely at least get a shot at TE and maybe WR.

It will come down to ND or Iowa for French. I'd say it is probably 50/50 right now, but my gut says Iowa will seal the deal.

ND has definitely not cooled on French. He's one of the top 5 guys left on their board. Kelly was gone all week, not just when French visited. ND hosted another top 100 kid on an unofficial earlier this week, is about to get a commit from said player, and Kelly wasn't there for that unofficial visit either. Also, ND told French on Friday that if he wants a shot on offense they'll give it to him. They definitely see French as an OLB in their 3-4 though.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
ND has definitely not cooled on French. He's one of the top 5 guys left on their board. Kelly was gone all week, not just when French visited. ND hosted another top 100 kid on an unofficial earlier this week, is about to get a commit from said player, and Kelly wasn't there for that unofficial visit either. Also, ND told French on Friday that if he wants a shot on offense they'll give it to him. They definitely see French as an OLB in their 3-4 though.

I think he's a ND lean but how do you know the other stuff?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This kid is going to ND!!!! I believe this kid is a work out warrior, but needs alot of development in terms of playing football at the d-1 level.

yeah, we didn't want him anyway. Unless he comes to Iowa, then he has tremendous upside:wink:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
You mean Barney Big Red Cotton is making no in-roads even though Nebby is going Big ten?

supertone

Jan 16, 2009
Mizzou is making a hard push at him. He is at the top of their list for TE wants. The MU rivals site indicates that MU is in pretty good standing with him.