Anybody drive to Canada lately?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
We were stopped for over an hour going into Manitoba while the border agents took my two nephews into a private room to make sure we weren't kidnapping them. Had to take all of our camping/fishing gear out of our trucks too. But, they were very polite about it.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Is the vaccine card a province requirement, or national? I've heard they weren't required.

We had to go back to the U.S. side to complete the electronic ArriveCan when trying to go to Winnipeg last month. We had our paper documents, didn't know it had to be electronic.

Now we do.

Going back to the U.S., from Ontario, all they wanted to know was about cannabis, so don't be smoking' a farewell doobie as you wait in line at Frostbite Falls.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
19 crossing at Niagra the Mounty asked me the purpose of my visit. I said I hear you have a waterfall. He was not amuse d. I've had friendlier customs agents in Russia.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
19 crossing at Niagra the Mounty asked me the purpose of my visit. I said I hear you have a waterfall. He was not amuse d. I've had friendlier customs agents in Russia.
Should of complimented his MountMe hat.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Should of complimented his MountMe hat.

0cd20bef-de24-4c5d-9131-2bf714b7fffa_screenshot.jpg

Mount me?

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I drove into BC a few weeks ago.

Seemed like I defintiely needed my passport and they kind of force you to use the Arrive Can app. Using that app it was fast. Also seemed like I needed to at least try to show covid vaccine proof, which I had, but seems like it would've been required.

The rules also said I needed vaccine records for my dogs but they didn't check those.

FWIW the Canadians were polite and quick. The American lady was rude and treated me like a drug dealer over the apples that I actually bought in Washington, not in Canada. Third time driving into Canada and 3 for 3 on that.
This was my experience the couple times I've entered BC. Canadian folks were cool, US folks less so.

Even just the appearance of the crossing. Canada's entrance is low key while the US entrance has concrete barriers and visible cameras and fencing up everywhere. Conspicuously armed agents. I was glad to be going home through that rather than being a foreigner entering the US.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HFCS