Any update on the headsets?

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Last night at the faculty/staff picnic at Jack Trice, Rhoads compared not having the headsets to teaching in a 500 person lecture hall with no mic and/or with no notes, powerpoint or outline for the lecture.

On another note - he talked a lot about "smart players". Not only playing smart, but being smart about their studies and being smart when out on Welch Ave. Thought that was a good/interesting comment.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I think that the rule states that if any team's headsets don't work then the other team also has to go without.

Nope. NDSU could've not used them as a courtesy, but they did anyway. CPR said he would've done the same.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
The headsets are hooked up, but they keep Sweet Caroline over and over, obviously some bugs to be worked out before gametime.

cy2win

May 15, 2006
Saw on wed that they were testing them. Hope they have everything hashed out.

They were thorough and tested for all contingencies...Here is one of their test cases:

funny_pictures_rocking_boobs1.jpg

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Any word on the stadium speakers as well. Sounded like the intro blew one out or it was already out. Very fuzzy

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Rhoads mentioned in an interview this week that the headset issue came up once when he was an assistant under McCarney. ISU's headsets weren't working on a road game at UNLV & John Robinson agreed that UNLV wouldn't use their headsets until the issue was resolved. The arrangement lasted until Darren Davis ripped off a long TD run after which the UNLV coaches immediately put their headsets on. Rhoads was laughing about the whole situation & didn't make it seem like UNLV was doing the dishonorable thing. So I highly doubt that he had a problem with NDSU using their headsets last Thursday.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Here is a question...what if it were NDSU's headsets that didnt work last week...is there a rule for how to handle that for a visiting team?

I am suprised at this question, I thought JM knew everthing. Oh ya, he knows everthing before anyone else but can't comment untill after the fact.