Any possibility of Post season tournament THIS YEAR?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The next step is really taking it on the road. They’re certainly close to who they’re going to be for this year. I’m very, very excited for the future. All of our underclassmen improved this year (Lewis has been the odd man out, but he’s too talented to keep down).

Your statement about T Lewis is based on what evidence?

I’m rooting for the kid because he seems like a grade A teammate but I’m not as convinced as you are that he is cut out to play at this level. Time will tell.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Your statement about T Lewis is based on what evidence?

I’m rooting for the kid because he seems like a grade A teammate but I’m not as convinced as you are that he is cut out to play at this level. Time will tell.

Top 60ish recruit, great size and by all accounts a tremendous shooter. This year he just hasn’t been able to catch up to the speed on the game (or have things slow down for him). The shooting part is just mental.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The next step is really taking it on the road. They’re certainly close to who they’re going to be for this year. I’m very, very excited for the future. All of our underclassmen improved this year (Lewis has been the odd man out, but he’s too talented to keep down).
We'll win Saturday in Manhattan... Mark my word.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Of course not but we are the worst team in the Big 12 this year so it’s silly to have this thread pop up every time we win a game.
You have a history. You don't like Prohm, and only come around when Iowa St. loses. It's fine, I don't care what you like or dislike.

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We still have KC.

At this point we won’t have enough healthy players for the postseason.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Top 60ish recruit, great size and by all accounts a tremendous shooter. This year he just hasn’t been able to catch up to the speed on the game (or have things slow down for him). The shooting part is just mental.

He doesn't have a role that he could have a good chance at getting to like Lard. Wiggs just seemed to sift in a bit better.

A few games ago when ISU was playing 7 Lewis got some good minutes and seemed to get into the rhythm of the game a bit better. The hope is that there's been some real progress at practice and there's a future for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lewis looks lost, but checking out the stats on the Nebraska guys reminds you anything can happen. Palmer and Roby had very modest freshmen years. Obviously the former is a better athlete and the latter much longer, but at 6’5” Lewis could be a productive wing if he tightens his handle and finds his shot.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The dream of an a-large isn't 100% dead, but it's on life-support. Margin for error now is almost nil.

I'm realistic about the chances, but it's part of fandom, not saying 'never' until it's a certainty. At the same time, gradually accepting that NIT is likely the ceiling.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
A couple of NITology sites have us in the field.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/ - 7 seed

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/ - 8 seed (scroll to the bottom past the NCAA)

Being pegged as a 7 or 8 is a teetering place. It's almost a given several slots will evaporate when regular-season winners in one-bid leagues don't get NCAAT auto-bid (thus, auto-bid in NIT).

ISU is in a weird spot. Somehow, doing enough to reach outer fringe of NCAA tournament bubble discussion isn't much different than what it would take to be a lock for NIT bid.