Any Iowa basketball jokes?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Is that the one who's a realtor in the Iowa City area now? I just remember seeing signs for some old Iowa player saying 'I'll work as hard for you off the court as I did on the court' or some corny **** like that.

I think that's Greg Stokes.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

I don't know what Stokes is up to these days, but Earl is a realtor in Iowa City. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the sign out front when I was there, but I met with him for an interview at his office last year.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This was posted on twitter. Fanatics could have fun with that hashtag ;-)
@uiowa: The UI has a 90% post-graduation placement rate. Show us where your degree led you using #TheUforIOWA

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Acie dabbles in real estate and is married to woman with a successful career. I have worked with Acie and he's a very nice guy, but not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Greg Stokes also a very nice guy. Long term realtor with Iowa Realty but the last few years has held a position @ Kirkwood CC in the Careers/Placement office I believe

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Since the topic is jokes...

Buford was an Iowa recruit who played high school basketball in a small town. He was seven-foot tall and a
great post, but a really poor student.

At graduation, he didn't have enough credits. But he was a great b-ball star and Iowa wanted him badly.

So the Hawkeyes held a rally and demanded the principal give him a diploma anyway. They were so insistent that the principal agreed if Buford could answer one question correctly he would give him a diploma.

The one-question test was held in Carver and all the Iowa fans packed the place. It was standing room only. (did I mention there was free beer? But I digress...)

The principal was stood in the center of the court and told Buford to come on down. The principal had the diploma in his hand and said, "Buford, if you can answer this question correctly I'll give you your diploma." He said he was ready and the principal asked him the question. "Buford," he said, "How much is three times seven?"

He looked up at the ceiling and the down at his shoes, just pondering the question. The Hawk crowd began chanting,

"Graduate him anyway! Graduate him anyway!"

Then he held up his hand and the auditorium became silent. he said, "I think I know the answer. Three times seven is twenty-one."

A hush fell over the auditorium and all then, they began another chant.

"Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Since the topic is jokes...

Buford was an Iowa recruit who played high school basketball in a small town. He was seven-foot tall and a
great post, but a really poor student.

At graduation, he didn't have enough credits. But he was a great b-ball star and Iowa wanted him badly.

So the Hawkeyes held a rally and demanded the principal give him a diploma anyway. They were so insistent that the principal agreed if Buford could answer one question correctly he would give him a diploma.

The one-question test was held in Carver and all the Iowa fans packed the place. It was standing room only. (did I mention there was free beer? But I digress...)

The principal was stood in the center of the court and told Buford to come on down. The principal had the diploma in his hand and said, "Buford, if you can answer this question correctly I'll give you your diploma." He said he was ready and the principal asked him the question. "Buford," he said, "How much is three times seven?"

He looked up at the ceiling and the down at his shoes, just pondering the question. The Hawk crowd began chanting,

"Graduate him anyway! Graduate him anyway!"

Then he held up his hand and the auditorium became silent. he said, "I think I know the answer. Three times seven is twenty-one."

A hush fell over the auditorium and all then, they began another chant.

"Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

I get it! The joke was that they packed Carver to standing room only, right?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
th
th