Another potential OC hire- Nick Quartaro

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
He was Mangino's OC at Kansas from 2002-2006, and after that took some time off from football. Now he's a position coach with McCarney at North Texas, and was our receivers coach from 1998-2001. This would be a diamond in the rough hire, and I'm sure would be disappointing to some, but he has Big 12 OC experience and knows how to coach QB's.

Nick Quartaro Bio - MEANGREENSPORTS.COM - The University of North Texas Official Athletic Site

Nick Quartaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=552&Team=163&Sport=1&Year=2013

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The fate of this regime hinges on what happens with the OC this off-season. Not the time for a diamond in the rough type hire in my opinion. Have to dig deep, find the money, and do it right.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
The fate of this regime hinges on what happens with the OC this off-season. Not the time for a diamond in the rough type hire in my opinion. Have to dig deep, find the money, and do it right.

This. Can't take a flyer on a guy and hope for the best in this situation. Need to pony up and get someone with a proven resume.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Mess isn't going anywhere. Best to accept it.
If CPR doesn't can Mess, he will be canned after next year. He has to make major changes and show drastic improvement or it is his *** next. Our offense has been truly "offensive" since he has arrived here.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If CPR doesn't can Mess, he will be canned after next year. He has to make major changes and show drastic improvement or it is his *** next. Our offense has been truly "offensive" since he has arrived here.

No doubt. One season like this isn't really excusable. A second one has to get the axe.

No diamonds in the rough. Find a proven success. Pay them and get them here.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

This too. With the SEZ now a reality, the pressure on this coaching staff to perform next season will be heavier than ever. With $50+ million being invested in the stadium, you absolutely cannot continue to accept seasons with 4 and fewer wins.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
I love that this guy has connections by overlapping with CPR during his first trip to Iowa State. it reads like a spy thriller. somebody young and hungry would seem like a better fit.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

Don't have to dig too deep for money, Mess is the third highest paid OC in the Big 12.

Reactions: isugcs

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I will believe that Messingham will be fired when I see it. I hope, but don't believe it will happen for sure.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

What if he makes no changes but shows drastic improvement? Does CPR still get shown the door?

I'm ok with whatever happens. Still think OLine is the crux of this teams problems offensively.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
What if he makes no changes but shows drastic improvement? Does CPR still get shown the door?

I'm ok with whatever happens. Still think OLine is the crux of this teams problems offensively.

Over 5 seasons where Mess has been involved with the offense? Even in a year (2011) we had 3 guys that are in the NFL (Osemeli, HIcks and Bykowski) and fourth that probably will with Farniok?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Everyone saying "homerun" hire or bust, who is your guy?

Perhaps you think we could hire Malzahn away from Auburn?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron