Another Marty Tirade...

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
OK Marty is now going overboard.

He is barking about the public announcer telling people about the accident on I35 and how that was low class. He is saying that he had a friend and kids who left in the same timeline that could have put them at the accident so a whole lot of people were concerned about loved ones that didn't need to know why they were closing the highway.

It sucks that people died, but Marty is going a little overboard. I didn't think it was out of line at all.

allyclone

Aug 16, 2007
What an idiot. I thought it was fine. The serious tone is to make sure people don't go that way.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I was under the impression that the annoucer was just reading what someone from law enforcement asked him to read.

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
it was very sad news, it took my mind away from the football game and made me think about what's really important, my prayers are with the families....but yeah Marty is blowing it out of proportion, that's my opinion anyway...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
That is overboard. They just said there was an accident, nothing about fatalities. They were trying to avoid further problems by alerting fans of this so they would not congest traffic any more than it already was.

Maybe not having any hair on his head now he took in a few too many sun rays that melted his brain even more... :goofy:

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
What bothered me actually was the ref who interrupted the announcement. Obviously this is an important issue, and so is the game, but you could clearly hear that the announcer was talking, and not just about nothing.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
What was he supposed to say? That I-35 was closed but not why? Wouldn't you assume that it was an accident? They don't close roads on sunny summer days for any other reason.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I have an idea. If this would ever happen again how about just saying "no one in Ames is allowed to leave. We can't tell you why because it may worry Marty".

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I just heard that and was confused also. What could they have said that wouldn't have made you think serious accident? I don't think their is anything they could have said that wouldn't have alarmed people short of lying about why it was closed.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I just emailed him. [email protected]

What the hell was the announcer supposed to say?

Careful, he will read your e-mail address out loud on air! :skeptical:

The Highway Patrol would want them to announce the road being closed. This is to prevent any further accidents from mass congestion. Marty is a blow horn who needs to get a life.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I had friends leaving south bound probably the same time. It scared the hell out of me, but it was something that needed to be said. It was a serious matter. 1/2 of the fans were probably heading that way after the game. Its just a common sense thing to do.

Marty is another person that lacks common sense but some reason gets to talk on the radio. Man why can't we get some real talent in this city.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't know why Toyota of Des Moines and Mazzotti's bother's having this clown promote their business? Seriously, he's a nut job and how after some of his tirades I'm surprised there is not someone there waiting for him in the parking lot. Not a guy's name I want associated with my business.

OMG, KXNO just told people to avoid Highway 65 because of a serious accident! Bad job outta you! LOL!

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
The announcement on the radio at break just said a serious accident in Des Moines and gave the location. What is the difference Marty?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Marty's problem was with calling it a 'serious accident'. He felt that the announcer should of just said there was an accident and law enforcement is recommending alternate routes.

UMMMMMMMM...THE ROAD WAS CLOSED MARTY! YOU HAD TO TAKE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE. And if a road is closed, I think most will assume it was serious anyway. Besides, if people became worried about family that might have been traveling home at that time, that is probably better then not knowing anything at all and having it really of been a family member.

As I speak, KXNO just announced a 'serious accident' on a highway. Better straighten out the KXNO newsroom, Marty!!!

The whole argument is ridiculous.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Marty's problem was with calling it a 'serious accident'. He felt that the announcer should of just said there was an accident and law enforcement is recommending alternate routes.

UMMMMMMMM...THE ROAD WAS CLOSED MARTY! YOU HAD TO TAKE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE. And if a road is closed, I think most will assume it was serious anyway. Besides, if people became worried about family that might have been traveling home at that time, that is probably better then not knowing anything at all and having it really of been a family member.

As I speak, KXNO just announced a 'serious accident' on a highway. Better straighten out the KXNO newsroom, Marty!!!

The whole argument is ridiculous.

What highway now? I am taking 235 east downtown.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron