Another great Whitlock article on Tiger/Celebrity athletes

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by CloneIce, Dec 10, 2009.

1. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ratings:
    +9,077 / 419 / -19
  2. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Ratings:
    +6,709 / 431 / -19
    I think he overplays race a little in this but he brings up some fantastic points with regards to Jordan and Shaq. I think the difference is the sport. I think the public just knows and accepts that other sports stars do these things. I think Tiger was more of a shock that a golfer did this than Tiger did it. I just love how he blast Reilly and at the same time rubs it in his face by mentioning Bill Simmons. I love Simmons and hate Reilly. I used to be a huge Tiger fan. I still am when he will play, however he is not the model celebrity that I once thought him as. No more. No more will I ever think a celebrity leads a pure life. Athletes and other celebrities do not lead a lifestyle conducive to being a role model. The people that bother me are the ones saying "O, he was supposed to be a role model for my kids." No, no he's not. YOu are supposed to be that role model. Athletes get paid to play a sport and entertain you, not to help raise your god damn kids. If you are relying on your kid growing up and doing the right things by watching athletes then I think you need to take a look at a mirror. Sorry, I got off on a rant.

3. cycloneML

cycloneML Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Ratings:
    +1,037 / 185 / -31
    Whitlock is the man. He speaks the truth. Road beef? I love it.

4. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Ratings:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    Good article. Whitlock is always thought provoking whether you agree with him or not which is what I like.

Boy, ESPN is truly a "four letter word" for him.

5. HOTDON

HOTDON Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Fort Dodge, IA
    Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Who knew Charles Barkley was right all the years, huh?

6. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ratings:
    +9,077 / 419 / -19
    Good post. People are acting like Tiger betrayed or hurt them personally. Its their own fault if they believe him to be some sort of perfect role model, he is a complete stranger to all of us other than his golfing.