Another Fan of Georges

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Do not care about the NBA talk one bit - but too many will obsess over it rather than just enjoying the ride. He's here NOW, and that is all that matters.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
When he first came here and was good I thought he would for sure be a 4 year guy. I am also starting to have doubts.

I think he would benefit a lot from staying another year, getting in better shape, and working on ball-handling/shooting. In the NBA he will end up being more of a wing player with really good post moves, so I think he could get a big ROI by staying another year and developing the "wing" aspects of his game.

Either way I am not going to worry about it. He is a good kid and it is his decision. Just enjoy watching him and don't take a player like him for granted!

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I think he will end up staying if we fail to reach the final 4, he seems to have a strong desire to put Iowa State in a position of power when he leaves! Its great for the program when we have guys like that.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think another year to work on defensive skills would be good. What little I have watched of Dougie McBuckets on the Bulls, seems tough to leave him on the floor with the awful defense.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The thing about Georges is that last year I thought he peaked, I obviously was wrong. I didn't foresee the weight loss that he needed. If he goes after this year it will be a good decision because Fred obviously knows when its time for these kids and will be giving them extremely good advice. Georges is a much better all around player than Royce White IMO, but can't jump out of the gym like Royce could, plus he obviously doesn't have the other issues that Royce has. He is also not much smaller than Royce was either. IIRC Royce was a 1st round pick even with the off-court issues. My point is the team that drafts Georges will be lucky to have him whether its this year or next.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
I must have missed "old man game" and "Nerlens Noel." Other than that, excellent article!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron