Another decommit today?

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Why would you post a thread like this with no source and no information besides a tease of a sliver of possible information.
I hope you step on a lego brick.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Based on some Twitter speculation, looks like John Leday is putting pressure on Jalen Barnes to switch his commit to Houston. High school teammates.

This is a tweet from a fan directed at John Leday that he retweeted:

good job getting Jalen Barnes down at UofH! Big things happening here in Houston
Not sure if it's a done deal yet or not, Barnes may be having trouble with the decision:

Damn imma f*** up ..

Im stuck between a rock and a hard place

Apologies in advance for Twitter speculation but this thread needed some info, regardless of how bad it may be.

Check for yourself, Barnes on Twitter is "@YungPhenom_" and Leday is "@CatchAnything"

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Why would you post a thread like this with no source and no information besides a tease of a sliver of possible information.
I hope you step on a lego brick.

Agreed. Not even a mention of where you could go to get the information. Come on man.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Email from a buddy. Not sure of his source but he would have no reason to lie about it. He is a hard core Cyclone.

Nice. In the future include that information in your first post. Your buddy might just be speculating off of the twitter posts above. Who knows.

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
Nice. In the future include that information in your first post. Your buddy might just be speculating off of the twitter posts above. Who knows.

Thus the question mark. His email was pretty funny as we always discuss these kids and their understanding of the word commitment.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I know it's cliche, but Houston (losing record in 2012, no bowl game, 30K fans/game) or a BCS Conference team (ISU: bowl game, 54Kfans, did I mention BCS conference?)? I just don't quite get the logic behind some kids' decisions.

Obviously, each player has to decide individually what is best for him, but it seems like they should hold on their "commitment" until they're truly sure of where they'd like to play. Rivals shows Barnes never visited - if true, wouldn't you think he'd at least want to do that before finalizing a decision?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I know it's cliche, but Houston (losing record in 2012, no bowl game, 30K fans/game) or a BCS Conference team (ISU: bowl game, 54Kfans, did I mention BCS conference?)? I just don't quite get the logic behind some kids' decisions.

Two years ago, Houston was 13-1, ranked in the top 20, beat Penn State in a bowl game, and got all kinds of national exposure. They were likely one loss away from a BCS bowl. When is the last time ISU had a season like that? Also, I believe that Houston will be part of the Big East in 2013, which is a BCS conference. And don't forget warm-weather school in an NFL town...

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Obviously, each player has to decide individually what is best for him, but it seems like they should hold on their "commitment" until they're truly sure of where they'd like to play. Rivals shows Barnes never visited - if true, wouldn't you think he'd at least want to do that before finalizing a decision?

He visited the same weekend that Estime, Syrie, Waggoner, Brown, and a couple more did.

And seriously on Houston? They're not a bad program by any means, and he's from Port Arthur which is a lot closer to Houston than Ames.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA

While I am disappointed, if true. Keep in mind that he would be much closer to home and apparently playing with friends. Those might outweigh a BCS conference team 800 miles away.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Two years ago, Houston was 13-1, ranked in the top 20, beat Penn State in a bowl game, and got all kinds of national exposure. They were likely one loss away from a BCS bowl. When is the last time ISU had a season like that? Also, I believe that Houston will be part of the Big East in 2013, which is a BCS conference. And don't forget warm-weather school in an NFL town...
When your argument is contingent on "we had an abnormally good season few years ago, it brought us national exposure", you have to question how much exposure it actually brought. Will there be a Big East in 2013? Certainly will not be a BCS conference for any recruit that is not one and done (which is all of them). The University of Houston is garbage.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
When your argument is contingent on "we had an abnormally good season few years ago, it brought us national exposure", you have to question how much exposure it actually brought.

Enough exposure to get their coach hired by a Big 12/SEC team.

The University of Houston is garbage.

With that statement, you're just being stupid.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
He visited the same weekend that Estime, Syrie, Waggoner, Brown, and a couple more did.

And seriously on Houston? They're not a bad program by any means, and he's from Port Arthur which is a lot closer to Houston than Ames.

Not if you go by Justin hamilton's geographic logic.