Another Commit

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Love seeing these Iowa boys get high D-1 offers. I have read about how this is a down year in state on this board and Iowa boards. I tend to disagree.

Boyle- Iowa
Paulson- Iowa
Paulson- Iowa
Cook- Iowa
Meeker- Iowa State
Nelson- Iowa State
Nerness- ISU offer
Good-Jones- ISU offer

I imagine Waechter and some hidden kids like the Tanner Millers and Parker Hesse's of the world get offers somewhere.

Iowa is a very underatted state when it comes to football talent imo
Dowling DE Max Morris has a Wyoming offer and expect to hear about some money coming toward FS Nick Wilson as well sometime soon.
Kramme from Ankeny Centennial and Collin Olson from there are guys that could also find their way into some money.
I don't know that Valley has any D1 talent in this year's SR class but they have a jr to be OL with a reported Oklahoma offer

tgraham1984

Apr 1, 2014
Dowling DE Max Morris has a Wyoming offer and expect to hear about some money coming toward FS Nick Wilson as well sometime soon.
Kramme from Ankeny Centennial and Collin Olson from there are guys that could also find their way into some money.
I don't know that Valley has any D1 talent in this year's SR class but they have a jr to be OL with a reported Oklahoma offer

Exactally my point! Hawkeye or Cyclone I think we can all agree it is awesome when ALL OUR BOYS get offers to play college ball. Love Iowa HS football. Hoping those you listed nab those offers.

LesGoCY

Feb 7, 2014

Can someone come up with a deeper class of D1 football players in Iowa than this 2015 class?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Love seeing these Iowa boys get high D-1 offers. I have read about how this is a down year in state on this board and Iowa boards. I tend to disagree.

Boyle- Iowa
Paulson- Iowa
Paulson- Iowa
Cook- Iowa
Meeker- Iowa State
Nelson- Iowa State
Nerness- ISU offer
Good-Jones- ISU offer

I imagine Waechter and some hidden kids like the Tanner Millers and Parker Hesse's of the world get offers somewhere.

Forgot Newborg-Iowa commit

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
He camped at Iowa on Sunday..... QUOTE]

Is the "Iowa was never going to offfer him" bs reserved for another thread?
2011 had 9. Would have been the Sr class that guys like Ben Boesen (who doesn't count toward that because he was a walk-on) was in
Iowa City had a QB that went to North Texas that year
This doesn't count guys like David Johnson who went to UNI and could (should) have been a D1 guy

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

https://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/...idon-157210;_ylt=Aoyr5GSML9xo2Uh_qBqZBlmjsJB4

This guy.

tgraham1984

Apr 1, 2014
I know Iowa offers aren't loved around here, but since we were talking about in-state talent Brett Waechter received an offer from Iowa according to his twitter. I imagine he commits soon which means Iowa is probably done on the O-line. I could see Good-Jones commiting to you guys....no inside info just guessing.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I know Iowa offers aren't loved around here, but since we were talking about in-state talent Brett Waechter received an offer from Iowa according to his twitter. I imagine he commits soon which means Iowa is probably done on the O-line. I could see Good-Jones commiting to you guys....no inside info just guessing.

I saw him retweeting info about our last two commits and i think so too. Dont know if hes good or not. But dont think iowa will offer.

tgraham1984

Apr 1, 2014
I don't much about Good-Jones. I am from western Iowa and live in NE now. Definately excited about Waechter. Good-Jones was such an early offer I imagine PR like what he sees.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Do you know how many schollies Iowa has to give this year? Or graduating schollies...I can do the math.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
6'6" and also a bball player. I know DE is always in bigger demand, but tight end ability? Marcus Pollard and Tony Gonzalez were both bballers IIRC. Just a thought.

tgraham1984

Apr 1, 2014
Do you know how many schollies Iowa has to give this year? Or graduating schollies...I can do the math.

I don't actually. Seems to start lower and end up around a class of 18-22 every year. I guess I could see Iowa going after one more. I think if we do it is a matter of getting David Edwards of Illinois to commit.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Definite red shirt and will probably take two + years to get his body big 12 ready. He has a size that we aren't used to at D End.

Yea, it'll be a nice get... Maybe 3 years until he's ready to play, but with that size, he'll be able to batt down balls in the pass happy Big12.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN

Iowa went WR heavy in 2013 and in 2014 they had a smaller class, but still missed out on some OT prospects. I don't think they're done on OL and may even pick up a couple more. If Waechter does come out as fully committed, that will make him the 3rd OL commit, since Newborg likely will be a DT. I wouldnt be surprised to see Iowa take 2 DTs and 6 OL guys and a couple DEs for a total of 10 linemen.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

Boyle- Iowa
Paulson- Iowa
Paulson- Iowa
Cook- Iowa
Meeker- Iowa State
Nelson- Iowa State
Nerness- ISU offer
Good-Jones- ISU offer

Doesn't the Urbandale kid have an offer too?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Doesn't the Urbandale kid have an offer too?

He's 2016 I believe but could drop early. ISU fan if I recall so it could be a Lazard type of deal. I think he will have a recruiting profile similar to Campos by the time he's done.