Announcement is here: It's Mediacom

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm a Web TV neophyte, or worse. Whatever you need, I hope you get!

NeuLion was mentioned in context of some 100 similar schools doing programming. Is that not something, to be No. 2? (Heck, I don't know what NeuLion is, maybe its lineup isn't much? . . .)

#2 seems like a pretty good spot if you see what schools they have on there:
NeuLion - Internet Television Technology Innovators (IPTV) - Company Information then click on College Sports

Lots of smaller schools, but some bigger name ones too:
-Arkansas
-Colorado
-Duke
-LSU
-Florida
-Nebraska
-A&M
-Oregon

I don't know what the usage is referring too exactly, but that's a pretty good list to be near the top of

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Im not sure why people are disappointed about this, you still get the online streaming, so if you've been doing that nothing changes, at the very least this helps build the ISU brand within the state of Iowa. You gotta start some place, this is a small step but a step forward.

Yep. It's a win-win for ISU fans. Eventually this could spread into a nation-wide network if this step is hugely successful.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If I read it correctly, starting Dec. 9th for the women's basketball game, Cyclones.tv will be on Mediacom Channel 22. This will be the channel for Cyclones.tv UNTIL early 2013, where we will have our own permanent channel.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
So does this mean this is Mediacom nationwide and not just Mediacom Connections (Channel 22)??? That's not too bad at all!
The Iowa State Athletics Department announced today that it has agreed to a five-year partnership with Mediacom to distribute programming, currently produced and aired on Cyclones.tv, across Iowa and into several bordering states via a fully dedicated Cyclone sports channel on Mediacom's cable television network.

So not all of Mediacom's states but the midwestern ones for sure.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I'm sure it has been posted but I will say it again because people still seem to be complaining. If you think you need to switch to Mediacom to get ISU games or you live out of state, just keep your current TV provider and subscribe to Cyclones.TV for $80/year. Problem solved.

Edit: And if you would rather watch it on a TV screen than your computer screen, get an HDMI cable to hook it up to your TV.

This. ALMOST EVERYTHING I have watched on Cyclones.tv has been on my TV and not on my computer.

What the AD needs to do next though is get this on Roku and XBox and then I wouldn't even have to use my computer at all.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Many will hate it because it's Mediacom but imo it's a huge step forward. No it's not national but you still have access to everything online including live streaming. If they went with FSN or ESPN that would likely not be possible and you would be even more ****** especially if your provider wouldn't offer the channel.

If I stay in the area I will be getting Mediacom because of this deal, I wouldn't have said that an hour ago.

This is very true, I doubt FSN would have allowed ISU to continue the online package option.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron