MLB: Angels pitcher killed in car crash

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Holy crap. I watched the game last night, and the post-game interview with Nick. Seemed like a good kid.

I was going to post on CF last night because Lindsay Soto is doing the Fox Sports post-game show for the Angels this year. :yes:

That is really sad. Hit and run? Makes me sick....

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Former Cedar Rapids Kernal as well.

Becker

Nov 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Wow. I was actually at the game last night and was really impressed with him. Nice breaking ball but was just missing his spots in the first couple of innings. Seemed like nobody from the A's could really get a solid hit on the guy, just bloops and fouls for the most part. Very sad.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Former Cedar Rapids Kernal as well.

he was a very friendly young man. my parents have been a host family for the Kernels for years and i had the opportunity to meet and talk with him a few times. My dad picked up his 2 players this morning from the hotel just as they found out. they couldn't believe it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well, if there's one bright spot to this at all, kid went out on top. Otherwise an absolutely sad story. Hope the driver gets his...

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Can we please get photographic confirmation? :wink:
OK... I wasn't going to post her picture in a thread about a young man dying in a tragic accident, but when I when I searched for her, I found her page on sidelinehotties.com :

FSN’s Lindsay Soto - Pictures at SidelineHotties.com - Dedicated to the Gorgeous Female Reporters That Works the Sideline of Sports Events.

The reason why I was forced to post the link is the header picture on her page shows ISU @ aTm. That, my friends, is a wonderful ISU-Soto connection.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
he was so good...very sad story...this is why you never drive drunk...hope that peice of **** gets whats coming to him...life in prison!!!

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Nice to see the Angels pull out a win tonight - had to be tough for everybody involved.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Nice to see the Angels pull out a win tonight - had to be tough for everybody involved.

The win feels really good tonight. Weaver pitched an excellent game - he had a little pre-game moment with the memorial on the outfield fence and gave a point to the sky toward Nick on his way off the field (to a standing ovation). Catcher Jeff Mathis (2 hits, 2 RBI tonight), who came up through the minors with Adenhart, was the post-game interview. He was trying to hold it together, but you could tell he was pretty emotional.

Great win for the Halos. Especially against our nemesis (Red Sox), who can never seem to beat in October. The Yankees, on the other hand, we own. :yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron