Andy Fales...is an idiot.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
what pisses me off is that they keep calling adam robinson, A-Rob.... HE IS NOT A-ROB. The real A-Rob is alexander robinson. they have given him no credit really. #10 rusher in the nation and #2 in the Big XII, yet no mention of how great he has been. its all been how great adam robinson is. **** that. they are raggin on ISU a ton tonight

This totally bites. I hate it when you have names/nicknames that can confuse the public and fans.

Sincerely,
Adrian Peterson (the Bear's one)

Reactions: HOTDON

m7nick

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 26, 2006
Waukee
I don't watch Sound Off anymore....it's just a big suck fest for the Hawks. Fales knows nothing about sports....very little. I can't belive he's on the news. Both are idiots!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I don't watch Sound Off anymore....it's just a big suck fest for the Hawks. Fales knows nothing about sports....very little. I can't belive he's on the news. Both are idiots!

I really enjoy Fales' human interest and news features on Channel 13. I think he's very talented.
But I agree, he seems bored with sports in Iowa, and his sarcasm is non-stop.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Teams don't get extra style points for winning. Again, I don't care if it was ho-hum. Why is that such a bad thing?

I'll leave the "improving" of the team to the coaches. Again, I think people had and still have an unreasonable expectations of what this offense was going to look like in the first year.

Now if ISU looks like this in three years with the same coaches, then yeah, I say ISU has a big problem. Right now, 3-1 sounds pretty good to me.

It's not a bad thing on that particular day. On that day we got a win. But going forward it could be a bad thing. We need to pass the ball better. Period. I don't think it is unreasonable to think we can do better than 174 passing yards a game....especially given the teams we have faced.

Once again, I am not ******** at all about being 3-1. I am very very happy about it. I had us at 5-7 before the season and that still looks likely. If our passing game gets on track we go bowling though

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Here's the deal, Andy didn't want to go to the game in the 1st place, his wife wanted to. He wanted to watch the Iowa game and I really can't blame him, it was a huge game for Iowa. He said as much last week on the radio show.

As far as his criticism of the crowd, I have to whole-heartedly disagree, I thought the crowd was great tonight, 50,000+...awesome, just awesome for team with a combined 7 wins the past 3 years.

Anyway, love SoundOff. I loved the Hawk fan who called to rag on Clone fans....dude, you just beat the #5 team in the nation and you have nothing better to do on a Sunday night and call in and rag on the Cyclones...idiots!!

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Apparently you missed Donahue sticking Penn State back inside their 20yd line consistently on Saturday night. Average yds per punt is a nice stat, I'd rather see how many times the opposition has to start inside their own 20yd line because there are alot of times that a punter can't boom one downfield for fear of putting it into the endzone.

Agreed...Donahue pinning PSU at their own 6 turned out to be the beginning of the comeback. It was huge, and the ensuing defensive series for Iowa set the tone for the rest of the night.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
I'm pretty sure most of you ******** still watched Sunday night. And if Iowa was getting trounced or lambasted would be singing the praises about what a great medium Soundoff is.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
This is one of the first times I've ever watched this. People actually like this?

Rarely watch the show now but used to regularly...Scary part is the show is much better now than it used to be. Now it's near tolerable.

May 28, 2009
Sorry do not watch sound off, Comes on way to late for a night before work. I have listened to these guys during the afternoon if I can. Not bad they are OK.

Having said that can someone tell me which coach and the date or even what press release even suggested that ISU was going to be a high powered passing team? I think I missed that press release. Maybe all the hype was coming from fans and media. I do remember CH saying something about adjusting the game to fit the players.

There is something to be said for passing in the BigXII. You at sometime need to start improving that stat. But a good balance attack is just as good.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My guess is if defenses are eventually forced to sell out to stop the run, the passing yards for this offense will shortly follow...

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
My guess is if defenses are eventually forced to sell out to stop the run, the passing yards for this offense will shortly follow...

There are quite a few things that need to be worked on for this to happen.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Fales is just another hawkeye homer....when will you guys ever learn that on who tv or radio that ISU is a poor second to their holy grail of bunk'em from eiu!!!!!!!!!!!

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
I'm pretty sure most of you ******** still watched Sunday night. And if Iowa was getting trounced or lambasted would be singing the praises about what a great medium Soundoff is.

Wow. So what does ******** stand for? Has anyone here called Andy Fales a ********? Has anyone here called you a ********?

While I would call him lots of names that would get *'ed out, none of them have eight letters.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Wow. So what does ******** stand for? Has anyone here called Andy Fales a ********? Has anyone here called you a ********?

While I would call him lots of names that would get *'ed out, none of them have eight letters.

Pretty sure most of you here complaining. It was synonym for complaining.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I really enjoy Fales' human interest and news features on Channel 13. I think he's very talented.
But I agree, he seems bored with sports in Iowa, and his sarcasm is non-stop.

I'm the opposite, I guess. I like his sarcastic bite during his sports segments and Soundoff. But I don't like his human interest features. I guess I equate Fales and sarcasm and he does not come off as being sincere durin the human interest pieces. I know a lot of folks love it when he steps outside of his sports box. But it doesnt work for me.

May 28, 2009
Well I am listening to KXNO on the radio and everything they are saying is meaningless. always makes me laugh when radio personalities think they know more then the coaching staff.

So who cares if it is a flashy win. So what if they are not throwing as much. And who is this guy they are talking too. He is making all kinds of demands on what the caoching staff should do to prove to him as if he is somebody important.

Last edited:

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
For guys with a Hawk lean they were pretty ruthless with the Dolphin/Podolak bit. That's pretty much what those two clowns sound like during a broadcast to me. Not sure if that's been on the show before, but when they teased it I rolled my eyes and almost stopped what I was doing to change the channel. Glad I stayed for that part.