And the longhorn shot taking of Iowa begins...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm not sure why everyone thinks we have so many more trees than Texas. Ever been to Houston? All you see between Dallas and Houston is forest.

Iowa is one of like 3 states w/out a national forest. Even Nebraska has one.

That said, I think trees are overrated as hell in terms of scenery anyways. Give me some grass and corn any day.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
110608a.jpg

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
texas-fire-2.jpg

In Iowa, our tornadoes are made of wind.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Congrats, you drove through parts of the state of Texas that actually suck. I think I can find parts of Iowa that dont actually appeal to the eye as well. I think I have to take some of you by the hand and get you out of the crappiest parts of our state. You have to do more than just "drive through" to enjoy Texas.

I lived there. It sucks. Too hot in the summer. People are extremely judgmental and the attitude is if you aren't with them, you are against them. Only complete idiots (Texans) would buy all of their gun shops out of guns and ammo upon election of our current president. Not to mention your absolutely awful education system. You are running a close second to Florida in educating your young people. I know this because my child was in school in TX and it took him a year to catch up with his classmates when he got to IA. Now, he's ahead of the curve thanks to our fine state making educating our kids a priority.

If TX didn't have oil, it would have nothing. The one thing that has sustained in this economy is the thirst for oil/gas. That's why you still have jobs. Notice Tulsa and OKC are both thriving too. It's NOT because Texans have it figured out, it's because you live on an ocean of oil. BTW, we grow our ocean of oil. In the end, you have a flat state, we have a state of rolling hills. Des Moines is the wealthiest city in the country when you take average salary compared to cost of living. We are constantly looked at as one of the best places to raise kids, start a business, stability etc.

Our winters suck, but that's all I'll give ya. Live in both places, work in them, raise kids in them, etc. Actually experience both places and then you can have an educated opinion. Otherwise, you are just stereotyping based on what you've heard. If that was the case everyone would think Texans were a bunch of dumb, big haired, cowboy boot wearing, gun carrying, right wing, bible thumpers. Although having lived there, that's pretty much correct!

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
3320915863_227403a443.jpg

In Iowa, we don't need to compensate for the size of our genitalia.

Sep 30, 2011
It is the funny how I just posted pictures to show how beautiful the state of Texas is and there was a mad flury of people trying to show how ugly it is. Are you trying to convince me or yourself? You can't convince me that Texas is ugly so stop trying. And thanks for all of the photos. Some of you worked really hard at searching high and low to find the ugliest photos you could. I also found some ugly Iowa photos on google right away, but I will show some class and not reveal those to ya. Just like myself, there is nothing that will convince you guys that Iowa is ugly so I am atleast smart enough to not try. Quandre Diggs tweeted that he was surprised at how barren parts of Iowa are and you guys go nuts. He is 18, get over it. You guys know Iowa the best and thats all that matters. Quandre knows what I know, and that is yes Texas is beautiful. Doesn't mean I have a ego, so you guys can stop now.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It is the funny how I just posted pictures to show how beautiful the state of Texas is and there was a mad flury of people trying to show how ugly it is. Are you trying to convince me or yourself? You can't convince me that Texas is ugly so stop trying. And thanks for all of the photos. Some of you worked really hard at searching high and low to find the ugliest photos you could. I also found some ugly Iowa photos on google right away, but I will show some class and not reveal those to ya. Just like myself, there is nothing that will convince you guys that Iowa is ugly so I am atleast smart enough to not try. Quandre Diggs tweeted that he was surprised at how barren parts of Iowa are and you guys go nuts. He is 18, get over it. You guys know Iowa the best and thats all that matters. Quandre knows what I know, and that is yes Texas is beautiful. Doesn't mean I have a ego, so you guys can stop now.

Quandre has never been outside of Austin, apparently then.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Just havin' fun, Sensitive Sally

One more.

In Iowa, we shoot from tree stands...

ut-tower-1a.jpg

Ok, that one might have crossed the line...

Reactions: jdoggivjc

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009

Again, have you lived in both places? Do you have anything intelligent to add or are you just guessing what IA looks like in person and acting like your average Texan with your Texas pride. If I recall you guys teach TX history every year in school. You also have your own versions of history and the TX board of education was leading the charge to put creationism in text books. Get a clue TX. Next thing you know the Harry Potter books will be banned from your schools because they are about witches and sorcery and all that devil stuff.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
AllOftheLights = your "normal" Texan. Never lived outside the state and can't handle when those who have lived in The People's Republic of Texas expose it for what it is...a substandard state.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Ego aside, just remember who started the picture posting dispute, AotL.

QD is 18 and has a twitter account. Something like this was bound to happen, wasn't it?

Sep 30, 2011
Again, have you lived in both places? Do you have anything intelligent to add or are you just guessing what IA looks like in person and acting like your average Texan with your Texas pride. If I recall you guys teach TX history every year in school. You also have your own versions of history and the TX board of education was leading the charge to put creationism in text books. Get a clue TX. Next thing you know the Harry Potter books will be banned from your schools because they are about witches and sorcery and all that devil stuff.

Dude, did you not read what I just posted because you are looking dense right now. I never said Iowa was ugly. I have never lived in Iowa. I know there are beautiful parts of Iowa. I know that there are flat parts of Iowa. So what! Do you want me to act as if Iowa is like Banff National park? What do you want me to say? You act as if I insulted your state. What is the matter with you? I started this thing off by saying don't get you're panties in a wad off of what some teenage Texas player said. I said there are beautiful places in Texas and THERE IS. And then some took it personal. I come back again and said that I am sure there are beautiful parts of Iowa. Some took it personal again. I come back again and read your post and I am like" what in the Hell is wrong with some people?" I did have something intelligent to say but you must have skipped past that part because you are still upset. Dude, chill. Grown up and read what I originally posted.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2011
Ego aside, just remember who started the picture posting dispute, AotL.

QD is 18 and has a twitter account. Something like this was bound to happen, wasn't it?

Yeah, my point was trying to say there are beautiful parts of Texas because some of you are convinced that Texas is ugly. I never insulted you guys. Not once. If you are secure with who you are and what your state is, then why let a 18 year old get under your skin? That was my original point at first and then some started going off at how ugly Texas was, and then I posted two pics. TWO! Some acted insulted that I posted those pics as if by doing so I was claiming that Iowa was ugly. Come on man.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron