And the 2021 Best Burger is...

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Is it just burgers? I don’t think I’ve seen them do steaks or something like that. I’ve never had one.
They do sausage as well, which is what they sell at Starbucks.

If I remember correctly, they are doing R&D into pork next, maybe chicken.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
img-1703.jpg

Fast food places like Burger King, Starbucks, and Qdoba have impossible meat.

Restaurants such as Zombie Burger, Cheesecake Factory, Wahlburgers, and Brick City Grill include it on their menus.
Now I know what these chemists are doing with their degrees! They even start it out red/ meat juicy then it turns dark with cooking.

I think this one should be cooked more. Get rid of all the meat bacteria! LOL

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Now I know what these chemists are doing with their degrees! They even start it out red/ meat juicy then it turns dark with cooking.

I think this one should be cooked more. Get rid of all the meat bacteria! LOL

What is amusing is all the people screaming "NO GMO" are the same people pushing this highly processed product. And probably the same people agreeing with Gates about "synthetic" meat. But hey........................NO GMO!!!! You couldn't write a skit on SNL this funny....or sad however you view SNL,

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What is amusing is all the people screaming "NO GMO" are the same people pushing this highly processed product. And probably the same people agreeing with Gates about "synthetic" meat. But hey........................NO GMO!!!! You couldn't write a skit on SNL this funny....or sad however you view SNL,
Agree.

And anymore, sad with the SNL.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Has anyone ever tried putting the impossible burger on a smoker before? Would be interesting if you get either a pink smoke ring on it or a green one. I've never tried one before and don't plan on it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I had a double the other day at B-Bops in West Des Moines. It was pretty, pretty, pretty good.
That sounds great, I think. But why would you want to order a double?

The plan would be to order a small single. Enough to get home, to the freezer to pop out an extra White Castle for dessert! :D

• Sad
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

The plan would be to order a small single. Enough to get home, to the freezer to pop out an extra White Castle for dessert! :D
Bbops double > White Castle

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I had a double the other day at B-Bops in West Des Moines. It was pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Bbops double > White Castle
Haha. My bad I think. I thought Remo was talking about one of those fancy Impassible burgers!

Which, in that case I stand by my statement! LOL

I like White Castles! Bought my first box a month or so ago. We don't eat them often but they are pretty good in a pinch and when hungry!

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Why "alternative meats"? Why not a veggie burger?
I guess you can lump them in together. I would see alternative meats as more of a direct competition to the beef industry than veggie burgers though.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I tried a "veggie burger" once. It gave me gas, and wasn't really satisfying. I prefer the real thing.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I stopped in at Five Guys today in West Des Moines. I thought I would give them a second try, as the first time I went there I didn't care for the food that much and gagged on the cost. Today I got a cheeseburger and a medium fries. After about a ten minute wait, I hear "Number 48!", and take posession of a grease stained paper bag. The fries were actually not bad, but they give you a ton, with plenty of salt. The burger was really good, with all of the extras I like but $15.02 for both still seems a bit steep. I'm still sticking with Be-Bops for now.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Manhattan Deli on Ingersoll. I understand their sandwiches are nothing short of amazing.