And now an optimistic view…

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
*purely based on hope the ISU offense finally starting to play football and the defense continuing to improve*

The Big 12 North title is still out there, right now Missouri and Nebraska are the frontrunners.

While ISU’s hope is a dim one, it’s not out of the question.

First, ISU must run the table. Yeah, a long shot – I know.

Second, Nebraska must lose three games (I think 3, although 2 may do it – you’ll see later)

They have to play Texas – I don’t see this Husker team beating the Longhorns. That’s one. Missouri – this team looks like the team to beat in the North. So there is 2 lets speculate. The third? Well, lets pray K-State, Oklahoma State, A&M or Colorado can pull out an upset.

On to Missouri. As speculation continues, we defeat them in the final game of the year. Their other loss…Oklahoma. Definitely not a given the way the Tigers are playing though – but lets mark it down for speculation. Otherwise A&M, K-State or Kansas needs to beat them.

Now, about my comment on Nebraska needing to lose either 2 or 3 games.

Should it end up as ISU, Nebraska and Missouri each with 2 losses and Nebraska defeated ISU yet lost to Missouri, ISU defeated Missouri and lost to Nebraska and Missouri defeated Nebraska and lost to Missouri…

I have no idea who’d get the North title. Iowa State out of pity from ’04 and ’05?

Anywho, this all was very optimistic speculation – for whatever it’s worth.

Which at this point, equals the value of that TD at the end of the game Saturday.

Nothin’.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Free beer for all fans in the stands if this happens - compliments of JP.

STARTING TODAY
Our new goal should be to make all the remaining teams feel bad after they play us like UNLV and UNI did to us already. It is called being the SPOILER. Like Kansas and Muissouri did to us. Like Colorado derves. Likecoach of TT deserves after his poor approach towarsds his young men. Like Bobby Big Head Stoops deserves. Yeah, onto being the SPOILERS. Let's soak 'em so they can talk about the ISU game over the winter. It is Payback Time of the Schedukle. Don't we owe Okahoma a few? And TT is from the Brazen South. And we do not like Ron Prince treatment of players at all. Let's take our feeling out on his players. And we still do not like that team from Boulderthat had a lawyer coaching who was crooked. Yeah, let's let them all have it. All along we thought Pinkel was a poor coach. Let's prove it again. Go for the Gusto.

NEW HEP SLOGAN
Go 6 and 0. Go 6 and 0. Git 'er Done, Take Away Their Fun.

REALITY
If we fail. how much worse can it be? The worst we can do is another 3-3 IMO. Take the Sunshine approach to Oblivion because we can win any of the 6. Really we can. We are not that bad. We just are dicombubulated so far.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Anybody else worried that we haven't had our "Baylor" game this year? Seems like every year we have one game that everyone has in win column that we lose. Maybe one of our three wins so far was that game, but we finally won it.

However, for some reason Colorado is really scaring me. No rational reason, but even if we finish strong I am worried we will be CU's lone win. Maybe its the change in weather making me dark, but Boulder scares me.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
However, for some reason Colorado is really scaring me. No rational reason, but even if we finish strong I am worried we will be CU's lone win. Maybe its the change in weather making me dark, but Boulder scares me.

Noooooo.

Why? 'Cuz the wife and I are making the trip. And I'm not going to walk out of that stadium embarassed to be a Cyclone. I just could not stomach that...

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
For me next two weeks tell it all. If our defense really has come around (not Bill C. going conservative) it will have to show vs. OU and TT. If our offense is back we should be able to move the ball on anyone and OU and TT will provide the tests.

Play well and split we can salvage a decent season. Play like we have and get swept and it may get ugly

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Few teams it is tougher for me to stomach losses to than CU, so I am with you 22. It would be a classic Boise State, Baylor type game for us however.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Now, about my comment on Nebraska needing to lose either 2 or 3 games.

Should it end up as ISU, Nebraska and Missouri each with 2 losses and Nebraska defeated ISU yet lost to Missouri, ISU defeated Missouri and lost to Nebraska and Missouri defeated Nebraska and lost to ISU…

I have no idea who’d get the North title. Iowa State out of pity from ’04 and ’05?

The winner of the North in this situation would go to the team with the best record against North teams. This would eliminate Nebraska in this situation as they would have 2 north losses to ISU's 1 and Missouri's 1. Then it goes back to the head-to-head matchup between ISU and Missouri. That gives us the North.....but good luck winning out the rest of the season.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The winner of the North in this situation would go to the team with the best record against North teams. This would eliminate Nebraska in this situation as they would have 2 north losses to ISU's 1 and Missouri's 1. Then it goes back to the head-to-head matchup between ISU and Missouri. That gives us the North.....but good luck winning out the rest of the season.

Thank you very much for answering that question!

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
what makes me mad is that winning the B12 north this year is like scratching a lottery ticket and winning $15. Yet we will probably get 3rd or 4th.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
what makes me mad is that winning the B12 north this year is like scratching a lottery ticket and winning $15. Yet we will probably get 3rd or 4th.

That may be true but playing in the Big 12 title game is like winning $1,000 in terms of exposure and money.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
What scares me about Colorado is that they haven't won a game yet. If we go into Boulder and they still haven't won one, I will be very pessimistic about that one. I never like playing 0 for teams like that. Something about that is always weird. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, vice a versa for you. Who knows though.

Help Support Us

Become a patron