An invitation to Cyclones coming to Morgantown

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Can't make it this year, but Morgantown is a place I want to go for a game. I've heard nothing but great things

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
It was a rough day for our team yesterday but enjoyed the great showing of your fan base at our tailgate. Iowa’s State truly has one of the best traveling fan bases in the Big12. Was great to see some of the fans that visited us 2 years ago. Wishing you much success the rest of the year and hope to see you back in 2021!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That is such a great glimpse into the real Bob Huggins.

There is so much more to him than most people think. For instance, he barks at his players, but I've seen him let players bark back at him when he does something wrong. Of course, it had to be players like Jevon Carter who had earned the right to do so.

I've never gotten the impression that his players didn't like or respect him.

They know what they're getting when they sign up for going there.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
It was a rough day for our team yesterday but enjoyed the great showing of your fan base at our tailgate. Iowa’s State truly has one of the best traveling fan bases in the Big12. Was great to see some of the fans that visited us 2 years ago. Wishing you much success the rest of the year and hope to see you back in 2021!

Post some pictures!

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN

Thank you for the invite! We had a great time. The hospitality you and other Mountaineers showed us was over-the-top and has made our group take a look at how we can improve our tailgate.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I remember this OP from years past. Because of his posts, I intend to take the trip to Morgantown with the wife in 2021. Sounds like a great time with good folks.
It really is. The OP is great and Morgantown should be a bucket list B12 travel town for ISU fans.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It really is. The OP is great and Morgantown should be a bucket list B12 travel town for ISU fans.

It’s a cool experience. We got about 20 feet from our car before WVU fans started offering us drinks.

Good people. No **** talking. There was one person that was like “they’re not with us” and a couple of others just immediately shot them down.

Reactions: NWICY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Ya overall very friendly experience. Reminds me of Ames with mountains. We only hit OP's tailgate party just before entering because we were too busy getting free drinks from people on our way into the stadium.

PS. You can walk around freely with beer.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It’s a cool experience. We got about 20 feet from our car before WVU fans started offering us drinks.

Good people. No **** talking. There was one person that was like “they’re not with us” and a couple of others just immediately shot them down.
Roughly the second year they were in the league I chatted up about five 60ish year old guys at the hotel breakfast in KC for the bball tourney.
I asked if they miss the Big East. They said they miss some of the geographic rivalries but the bball tournament @MSG cost a fortune and there is no gathering spot in the city. They said basically the B12 threw them a life preserver and they could be UConn (now back to the BE) and left on an island.

Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wish the B12 would have gave WV a somewhat close partner like Louisville instead of adding TCU. But I digress.

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Yeah, I think we might actually be their closest?

I mentioned that fact to one of the WV fans during tailgating and his reply, we should be in the ACC, and I said "for some reason they do not want you." He replied "its their academics, they are horrible, and Virginia and N. Carolina are against them." I then reminded them about the money the Big 12 pays and he thought that the trade off in distance was well worth it for the money the conference is providing WV.