E3cl-iJXoAcxvAZ

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
All 10 B12 schools there. But the list is confusing. Is it saying Tennessee had 25 players transfer while Stanford only had 1? I'd have thought ISU would have been much higher with CTJO's housecleaning. (edit - thanks @enisthemenace. I see it's a Football thread now. So not sure why it's so "interesting".)

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What’s the “interesting” part, Surly? Besides the fact that we haven’t had ten players enter the portal in that time frame?

I’m counting three Super Senior grad transfers (Azunna, Bailey and Lang), Latrell Bankston (who was blocked at DT by a starter and freshman), Skylar Loving-Black, who apparently has personal issues, walk-on Devin Larsen, and Greg Ross—who never actually made it here from UNC.

That isn’t ten. It’s actually…two.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
What’s the “interesting” part, Surly? Besides the fact that we haven’t had ten players enter the portal in that time frame?

I’m counting three Super Senior grad transfers (Azunna, Bailey and Lang), Latrell Bankston (who was blocked at DT by a starter and freshman), Skylar Loving-Black, who apparently has personal issues, walk-on Devin Larsen, and Greg Ross—who never actually made it here from UNC.

Scandalous!!!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Where in the heck did that list come from? Surly make it up himself?

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
I haven't followed it closely. Are any of the players in the portal for ISU players who will be missed and were expected to contribute?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I interpret the list differently. I think Stanford has the least transfers and Tennessee has the most. So the schools are just ranked 1 - 25.

And they just go by sheer numbers. They don't distinguish between losing a good player or losing a walkon. So, this list is as close to meaningless as the 2020 Pac 12 season.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I get the sentiment, but every school could list out “reasonings” like this. A transfer is a transfer no matter the reasoning. It’s also stupid to think that it has some deep meaning like I think Surly was trying to do. In this modern day of college athletics, transfers are going to happen all of the time, for all sorts of reasons, for every team. I don’t think it’s some harbinger of failure.

• Agree
Reactions: zcecsch

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

How do you land on 2? You just listed 5.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How do you land on 2? You just listed 5.
Last year Surly was butthurt because so nene pointed out the flood of underclassmen who were bailing on the program. I assume he/she posted this to show we had “almost” the same numbers, ten to fourteen.

I don’t consider sixth year “Super Senior” guys looking for one last chance to start to fall under the same category of the point Surly was trying to make. Those three spent the full five normal years as Cyclones.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I am pretty consistently a Surly critic, but I don't have a problem with her posting this. I think it is informative.

If you look at it innocently and separate from their previous comments it's not a big deal but like the post above yours says, it's clearly a troll job trying to gloss over why the program they root for was losing underclassmen.

Reading between the lines, the actual thread title is something like "See you guys lost players too..."