An Honest Look at Miller and Deace's (show)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
I like thier show, and Jon has got alot better at not sounding like such a hommer. I think Deace is crazy smart about ISU athletics, and since it is not his #1 team, that earks some people here.

Also, hope they gave up the TV gig, because those guys both have faces for radio.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just noticing that there are several threads on the front page right now with more replies than this one. Sure, I'm replying right now while I actually listen to the show, but are they serious thinking that they've got that kind of attention-grabbing ability?

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

Jack34

It's Fun to have Fun.
Jan 16, 2007
I listen to their podcasts everyday. I enjoy their show...I think they are the best show locally on the air slightly ahead of Matt & Miller.

My only issues are:
1. Deace's "I don't have time for that" talk about everything except college football. I realize he has another show and family but I find it hard to believe he can't watch Iowa or ISU basketball occasionally. But he has time to play WWE video games? Fail.
2. They tend to talk about the same things over and over and say the same things over and over.

Other than that, I really like their show.

This was just quoted by Deace on their morning show.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
They're reading the posts from the beginning of the thread.

And explaining why said posts are wrong. It's coming off to me as more of a defense of themselves than an honest look at themselves. Whether those posts were right or wrong, and there's room to discuss that, this is the impression I got before I turned it off.

I got suckered in. Not real proud of that.

jeff0514

Apr 12, 2006
Ankeny, ia
I'd say I agree with Miller and Deace more often than not. Much better show than Cotlar. No comparison! I agree with others on the timing/length of commericial/FoxSports/traffic updates. I just switch over to Sirius radio then.

The M&D intros are sort of corny and get annoying. I agree with a lot of what Deace has to say, but he is definitely not a Cyclone insider. and i think he would admit that.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
And explaining why said posts are wrong. It's coming off to me as more of a defense of themselves than an honest look at themselves. Whether those posts were right or wrong, and there's room to discuss that, this is the impression I got before I turned it off.

I got suckered in. Not real proud of that.

I listened to Mike & Mike this morning because Jay Bilas was on. What did Jon & Steve have to say?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I caught the about :90 seconds of it, they read a post from 3TrueFans. Erik is right, the little I heard was them defending their show/methods - and ran through their opinion of the other local shows. I flipped promptly over to ESPN.

Jon does still have his own website, correct? Fanatics should feel pretty good. Most all the shows spend more time talking about what goes on here than anywhere else.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
I caught the about :90 seconds of it, they read a post from 3TrueFans. Erik is right, the little I heard was them defending their show/methods - and ran through their opinion of the other local shows. I flipped promptly over to ESPN.

Jon does still have his own website, correct? Fanatics should feel pretty good. Most all the shows spend more time talking about what goes on here than anywhere else.

Great point at the end there. We draw a lot of attention.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
I guess they have my drive time down as I heard them read my post. To me their response is summized by something like this. " Since Steve and I are married now and have kids we think that the only fun things in life we should talk about are things that we currently do. Mentioning things that happened in our past that do not represent our current behaviors, talking about things that might be fun to other people or commenting on someone from the opposite sex would not represent the highly moral, pristeen standards that define us." That's what I heard anyway. Cyaggie they mentioned you after me then I got a phone call and didn't hear any more.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Just read the posts in the thread, and then argue against those posts.

Some of the posts they mentioned were pretty silly, no doubt about it. It just didn't come off really objectively.

Eh, Deace is Deace. He's very articulate and can match wits with anyone when it comes to most subjects, but he has an intolerable side that causes me to flip to Mike & Mike, and I consider myself somewhat of a moderate, social-conservative.

Jon does his research and can talk college sports with the best of them, but his ego too often seeps through his all too often back-handed compliments and reluctant concessions of arguments.