Ames Restaurant Question

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
WAFFLE HOUSE... Smothered, chunked, and topped at 3 am please!
We're north of the Mason-Dixon line, so we have IHOPs instead of Waffle Houses.

Oh wait, we DON'T have an IHOP. Sure could use one, though. We need a couple more 24-hour places to keep Perkins honest. The runaway success of Angie's Kitchen was a warning shot across their bow, now they need to get broadsided by a major competing chain that will bring them back to reality and make them clean up their act.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Oh wait, we DON'T have an IHOP. Sure could use one, though. We need a couple more 24-hour places to keep Perkins honest. The runaway success of Angie's Kitchen was a warning shot across their bow, now they need to get broadsided by a major competing chain that will bring them back to reality and make them clean up their act.

Yeah, cuz for some reason Village Inn just doesn't keep them honest. Must be collusion or something...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

IHOP does not hold a candle to Waffle House, especially after a good night at the bars...

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
^^ well said.

with that said, my restaurant of choice is TacoTime. I have been eating there, faithfully since I have had season FB tickets (1973)

-keep.

Crisp meat burritos and stuffed mexi-fries. As much as I would like to eat those I can feel my arteries hardening. Anyone remember Uncle Jack's Taco Company? I think that might have been my first Sunday meal at ISU when food service was closed on Sunday nights. It's been so long (and so many brain cells) ago that I can't remember if it was good or not. We probably ate there because it was cheap. If I remember correctly Thumbs Up! also ran a Sunday night all you can eat Spaghetti Deal.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Here's a few places be thankful Ames has and makes it great: like it or not Hickory Park is always at the top. I can't believe no ones mentioned Wallaby's, just as good as HP. People mention Outback, Chili's, etc. I will always eat here. Also, it's cousin just down from the stadium, Dublin Bay-irish food and good beer 'nuff said. The king of pizza's Great Plains! Eating at Pizza Pit too is a great place and tradition. Trust me I could go on, but with this, remember there's plenty to pick from.