Ames PD investigating female student death

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
"Tuttle said the woman was last seen late Thursday night, and police suspect she was laying in the parking lot for several hours before she was found."

This is hard to fathom. The parking areas around the Tri-Delt house are still in the center of a very congested area. This is a whole lot different than along side some rural county road.
If exposure to cold is the cause of death, I would think lots of questions are going to be asked.
I walked by tri delt everyday to class for 5 years and never saw their parking lot, it's blocked off. Questions should be asked but I'd be surprised if the narrative isn't correct. Horrible regardless of how it happened.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ugh just a horrible deal all the way around.

Good reminder that I get people are going to party and have fun but to make sure you're with people that care about you.

I remember in college waiting to get in the bars when it was below zero out (with no coat on) and having enough in me to not really notice, so I'd imagine if you were really hammered you wouldn't notice that you could die if you pass out in the cold. RIP.

Reactions: Angie and Scott34

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Good reminder that I get people are going to party and have fun but to make sure you're with people that care about you.

I remember in college waiting to get in the bars when it was below zero out (with no coat on) and having enough in me to not really notice, so I'd imagine if you were really hammered you wouldn't notice that you could die if you pass out in the cold. RIP.

I made a couple trips in winter time from Campustown to West Ames in my day, but never drunk enough to not know what was going on. Its surprising this type of incident doesn't happen more often.

Important to be aware of your surroundings and dress functional, not fashionable!

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Seconded. I am honestly shocked things like this don’t happen more. I very easily could have been victim to something like this.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I made a couple trips in winter time from Campustown to West Ames in my day, but never drunk enough to not know what was going on. Its surprising this type of incident doesn't happen more often.

Important to be aware of your surroundings and dress functional, not fashionable!

Same here. Walked a few times from campus to my apartment on Toronto st. Lucky.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I had this same thought. Especially back in the days of smoking in bars I can remember not wanting to have a coat take on that smell, so you'd try to make it without a coat. I can remember many nights leaving or a party or a bar by myself. It could happen to anyone, really.

Just sad all around.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Daughter of major medical company CEO and MN Supreme Court judge
My daughter has played on a soccer team with the daughter of another MN Supreme Court justice so this made me do a double take.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'll follow up with the "amazing it doesn't happen more, could have easily happened to me" comments.

I guess I was just lucky to have a homing mechanism that allowed me to stagger back home (or some place warm that I was allowed to sleep in) back in those days.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
So sad. I walked to and fro from welch to frederiksen in the winter. Many times alone

Scares me to death now that I have kids...

Reactions: Scott34

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We lived in BWR in old RCA and we would go through the Union on our way home just to warm up a little. I even remember if I had class on the westside of campus, I would go through other buildings along the way just to warm up along the way during the day if the wind was howling with freezing temps.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron