Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Does anyone really think they wear Iowa State stuff on gameday in Iowa City? The workers not only have Iowa t shirts, but have large glitter hawk heads on their shirts. The message was clear to me. We will not go there again unless things change, and will support places that respect I State. (it would not have bothered me is they were UNI fans and wore their shirts on Saturday, that I could respect)

agree here. Hope the place tanks.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Where they don't notice a couple walking in at noon on Saturday? The times I try that place, there is no one there, and they seem surprised to see customers.

I don't think they'll last another year.

Stop being so polite and say hello :spinny:

That did happen to me a time or two though, it was odd.

Reactions: cyrevkah

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
This is just poor business on the managers part. If you don't want to wear ISU stuff than wear a white shirt. I bet you wouldn't see anyone wearing ISU stuff at the BWW in Iowa City or even Cedar Rapids. I agree with the original poster. If it would have been me, I would have never got past the front door. BWW food is pretty darn marginal anyway, why would I want to pay that kind of money for marginal food served by someone that would wear the rivals shirt, especially right in the city the school was in.

Yup.

You don't go to Manhattan, KS and see Jayhawk gear. You don't go to Lawrence, KS and see Wildcat gear. You don't go to Lincoln, NE and see anything but Husker gear. The list goes on and on...

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Most of the time when Hawk fans do this they are just looking for attention, especially if they are girls. You should have asked them to name a player on the team or why they are Hawk fans in the first place and I can almost guarantee they would have said Ricky Stanzi and, "I have no idea."

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
I won't be spending my money supporting a business in Ames , Ia that doesn't support the cyclones ! Look I really doubt anyone working food in Iowa City is sporting ISU gear at work! On a game day really ? You don't bite the hand that feeds you .( ISU fans in Ames ) My opinion.

cyclones18

Apr 20, 2010
Ames
Why would you go to a corporate place like that when there are several LOCALrestaurants that are HUGE supporters of ISU?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
It's not that big of a deal..just face it, the hawks are a bit more popular than us.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
If I am in the mood for boneless wings and a cold beer, I go to BWW... Why? because their boneless wings and sauces are superior to other places in Ames.

Really, I always thought all the sauces at West Cyde wings were a lot better. I also like the wings at Wallabys and Dublin Bay which other people have agreed with.

The few times I had the wings at West Side Pub I didn't think they were anything special but they were huge. I thought they were at least some good bang for your buck.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Just don't tip the hawk servers, it is that easy.

This is the correct answer.

I don't care if they have some Iowa stuff on the walls - the BWW in Coralville has Iowa State stuff up. But any server wearing Iowa gear on an ISU gameday in Ames is just asking for zero tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.