AmazonSmile Donations for We Will Collective

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
There's a lot going on in this thread. Everyone needs to stop being jerks about where and how people want to use their money. Nobody should be pressured into giving to the collective and nobody who isn't giving should be shaming the people who do. This isn't kindergarten.

Side note: I read here someone saying they thought college athletics were the last pure thing in sports and that stuck with me. College athletics (as a whole) haven't been pure in a very, very, very, very, very long time. There's an argument to be made that they have never been pure. It would probably be best for everyone's mental states to assume that they are not pure in the slightest anymore at their highest levels. Say what you want about the collective, but at least this stuff is mostly above board now. Elements of this have always been happening.

If anyone is looking for pure college athletics, Simpson's basketball team is 6-2 to start the season and it would be a great time to jump on the Storm bandwagon.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The wonders of the internet. When something isn’t exactly in line with your personal interests, try/troll your damnedest to bring everyone else down with you.

Meanwhile, it’s CyHawk wrastlin’ day, another great day to throw support behind our athletes.

So perk up with a splash of Cody Road’s Egg Nog Iowish Cream in your morning coffee, and Set "We Will Collective" as your AmazonSmile Charity >
You can't make me!

Haha! Just messin with you now!

Yeah, I don't get the friction. People can do what they want. Don't have to be prickly either way.

Reactions: GetAwesome

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
That's right everyone. Your financial priorities need to be:

1. Cyclone football;
2. Feeding your kids;
3. Feeding yourself;
4. Paying the mortgage;
5. Saving for retirement;
6. Putting money into your kids' college funds;
7. All the other small unimportant stuff, like cars, medical care, etc. etc.
Agreed.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Oh, I'm sorry. To be a true fan your charity priorities need to be:

1. Cyclone football;
2. Medical research;
3. Combatting climate change;
4. Combatting homelessness;
5. Supporting educational institutions;
6. All the other minor stuff, like local clubs, etc.
Correct.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
@brentblum on the Sunday night pod you mention donations being 50% of sales.

I assume that was just a misspeak? Amazon smile is 0.5% of all sales.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
For Amazon Smile, is there a way to default your Amazon app to use smile? I signed up and got a link for a website, but wasn’t sure if there was an app for it?

Reactions: aauummm

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
For Amazon Smile, is there a way to default your Amazon app to use smile? I signed up and got a link for a website, but wasn’t sure if there was an app for it?

Yeah, the settings are a bit different as compared to shopping Amazon from the web browser, but here are the couple steps to enable it in the settings of the Amazon shopping app for iOS and android: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15576745011

Reactions: SCNCY

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
In the android app:
1. click the pancake in the lower right
2. Scroll to the bottom
3. expand settings
4. Click on AmazonSmile
5. Choose charity
6. Turn on mobile app (it will push notifications)

It appears to be independent of the smiles.amazon.com url.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
We do the Cyclone gridiron club, last time I looked we had donated through Amazon a little over $400 dollars, we will continue to use that as our Amazon Smile donation.
Thanks for posting this. Gave me a wake-up call. That .05 seems small, but it adds up. We would have similar numbers. We already give anyway, but this would be a significant add.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah and aauummm

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
In the android app:
1. click the pancake in the lower right
2. Scroll to the bottom
3. expand settings
4. Click on AmazonSmile
5. Choose charity
6. Turn on mobile app (it will push notifications)

It appears to be independent of the smiles.amazon.com url.
The iOS app is very similar, it’s in your settings in the app after you’ve activated it.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
So I ordered something last night that was eligible, but it doesn't look like it applied a donation. So I wonder if it takes a day before they start donating?

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
There's a lot going on in this thread. Everyone needs to stop being jerks about where and how people want to use their money. Nobody should be pressured into giving to the collective and nobody who isn't giving should be shaming the people who do. This isn't kindergarten.

Side note: I read here someone saying they thought college athletics were the last pure thing in sports and that stuck with me. College athletics (as a whole) haven't been pure in a very, very, very, very, very long time. There's an argument to be made that they have never been pure. It would probably be best for everyone's mental states to assume that they are not pure in the slightest anymore at their highest levels. Say what you want about the collective, but at least this stuff is mostly above board now. Elements of this have always been happening.

If anyone is looking for pure college athletics, Simpson's basketball team is 6-2 to start the season and it would be a great time to jump on the Storm bandwagon.
Dont listen to Jared. No offense to Simpson, but Indianola sucks compared to Pella. Go Dutch. 7-3 to start the year, 3-0 in conference

CF Shop

Dec 13, 2017
So I ordered something last night that was eligible, but it doesn't look like it applied a donation. So I wonder if it takes a day before they start donating?
I think once a month the donation numbers are added up.

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Dont listen to Jared. No offense to Simpson, but Indianola sucks compared to Pella. Go Dutch. 7-3 to start the year, 3-0 in conference
No offense to Indianola or Pella, but they are both **** podunk Iowa towns compared to Waverly. Go Knights!

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
That's right everyone. Your financial priorities need to be:

1. Cyclone football;
2. Feeding your kids;
3. Feeding yourself;
4. Paying the mortgage;
5. Saving for retirement;
6. Putting money into your kids' college funds;
7. All the other small unimportant stuff, like cars, medical care, etc. etc.
i.e. no one should worry or care about how others spend their money. I've given ISU more money than any other institution in my life, that doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else.

Reactions: Acylum and JCity

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron