Am I the only person that is putting ZERO stock in to this season?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I agree, it isn't the same. But it is all we get this year. And it beats not having it at all.

Agreed. It's not the same and I'm not pretending like it is. But again, this year has sucked and people were looking for an escape.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agreed. It's not the same and I'm not pretending like it is. But again, this year has sucked and people were looking for an escape.

everyone out here looking for an “escape” and I’m wishing everyone was looking for reality.

Reactions: Turn2

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
everyone out here looking for an “escape” and I’m wishing everyone was looking for reality.

In what way? We've been living hyper reality for 6 months. At what point can I have some fun?

Reactions: yowza

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It’s going to be a weird year but he cream will still rise. I caught a good amount of Clemson, and damn, what a well oiled machine and they played a TON of true freshmen.

IMO this season isn't going to favor teams that rely on development. You can't overstate how big of a blow it was losing the spring and summer. Even for fall camp we really don't know how much contact they had as far as tackling and blocking goes.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
In what way? We've been living hyper reality for 6 months. At what point can I have some fun?

As a country we have not come to grips with the realities that would allow us to have “escapes”. Therefore, the “escapes” are weird and strange and don’t resemble what they were 10 months ago so they aren’t really escapes, just an extension and furtherance of the distortion of reality.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
As a country we have not come to grips with the realities that would allow us to have “escapes”. Therefore, the “escapes” are weird and strange and don’t resemble what they were 10 months ago so they aren’t really escapes, just an extension and furtherance of the distortion of reality.

Might as well get used to it.

It ain't getting better in a few months no matter what happens.

• Agree
Reactions: Candide

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I just haven’t been able to get in to it. Half of the teams aren’t playing a season, half of the conferences games cancelled this week, empty stadiums with no atmosphere. I don’t know what this season is, but it’s not College Football. I’ll be watching off the DVR all season.

The news media is going to pretend like everything is normal and try to push this season on me like nothing is out of the ordinary. The threads I see on this site so far are just the run of the mill post-loss meltdowns as if this was the first week of September against the team we were supposed to be playing. There’s like 3 weeks until the next game.

It’s just not the same and I don’t want to pretend like it is.

I said all summer we could go 10-0 or 0-10....Covid 19 is a weird time and expecting a lot from a bunch of 19 year olds is asking a lot. They have a lot on their plate.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I said all summer we could go 10-0 or 0-10....Covid 19 is a weird time and expecting a lot from a bunch of 19 year olds is asking a lot. They have a lot on their plate.
This understated around here.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This understated around here.

I was out golfing yesterday and I was thinking “what if there were people circling around the tee box and lining the fairway watching me right now?” How would that be for me.

Now take the reverse, how would you feel as a CFB player and instead of thousands and thousands of people watching you there is basically no one.

it’s just an exhibition season. That’s what we get. Because that’s what we deserve.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I was out golfing yesterday and I was thinking “what if there were people circling around the tee box and lining the fairway watching me right now?” How would that be for me.

Now take the reverse, how would you feel as a CFB player and instead of thousands and thousands of people watching you there is basically no one.

it’s just an exhibition season. That’s what we get. Because that’s what we deserve.

Anybody around the teebox or fairway when I tee off better have on some body armor and a helmet.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Anybody around the teebox or fairway when I tee off better have on some body armor and a helmet.

Yowza, we should play together. When I tee it up other golfers at Homewood tend to disappear behind the largest nearby tree they can find. I almost nailed a playing partner last month with a richochet off one of the women's tee markers.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
My feelings haven’t changed. It’s not ISU specific. It’s a commentary on the entire CFB season. I only watched our game today. On the first Saturday in October I only watched one cfb game. This isn’t transactional.

• Haha
Reactions: enisthemenace