Already talkin bowl games

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'll take that season this year. Although I think we have a shot at KSU and KU more than MU and Utah.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Picks us to beat Utah, Colorado, Tech and Mizzou, yet lose to KU and KSU? If we're good enough to beat those teams, then we'll destroy KU.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
i honestly dont see us making a bowl game this year but i would love to see it. i hope the bowl win last year will help our boys confidence level this season. one thing i noticed last year was that we cut down the number of mistakes and stupid penalties, and i credit that to the coaching staff. remember with chizik when we kept getting personal fouls? 6 more days friends!!!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
He talks about Mike Leach like he's the end all to end all. I know Mike Leach was a good coach and will be missed, but Tommy Tuberville ain't no slouch either. I also think we have a better chance against Iowa than we do against Utah. I think, IF we were to get to six wins, it's going to be NIU, Iowa, UNI, KSU, KU and CU.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
He talks about Mike Leach like he's the end all to end all. I know Mike Leach was a good coach and will be missed, but Tommy Tuberville ain't no slouch either. I also think we have a better chance against Iowa than we do against Utah. I think, IF we were to get to six wins, it's going to be NIU, Iowa, UNI, KSU, KU and CU.

I have to agree with the author on this. Mike Leach is pretty much the Godfather of the Spread offense, with an emphasis on the QB-WR relationship over the RB position, and it's been published in a couple of places that Tech hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since the late 90s. Tuberville on the other hand was a defensive genius at Auburn and emphasized the running game, as well as clock management. When you combine these philosophies at one school, you create a mess - some players will get it, others won't. I don't see Tuberville able to have a QB throw for 2000 yards, let alone 3000+. However, I can see Tech's defense actually showing up to games rather than having their offense bail them out by scoring 35 points a game. This year will be the same at Tech as it will at KU - these teams will be adjusting to new philosophies and will go through some growing pains.

Help Support Us

Become a patron