Allergy Doctor recommendations

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I went to the allergist here in the Cedar Rapids area several years ago, and did all the scratch tests. And they all ended up coming up negative. I take the generic zyrtec certizine 1 pill everyday, and I use generic flonase. I was also instructed that when allergies get bad double up on each and take them at day and night.

Once a year or so my allergies get bad and I use the DoctorOnDemand ap to get a prescription for some steroids that help.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
A reminder because I tend to forget every year, I make a big effort to drink more water during allergy season and that definitely helps me. I also make sure my bedroom humidity stays consistent (dehumidifier in the summer, humidifier in the winter). Other than that, OTC zyrtec gets me through.

Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
A reminder because I tend to forget every year, I make a big effort to drink more water during allergy season and that definitely helps me. I also make sure my bedroom humidity stays consistent (dehumidifier in the summer, humidifier in the winter). Other than that, OTC zyrtec gets me through.

One of my adult sons is allergic to the dog, so when he comes home, drinking a lot of water seems to help him more than anything. He lives in Florida, so he has gotten away from some of the Iowa grasses and weeds and pollen that cause him trouble in the spring.

Help Support Us

Become a patron