All SEC Championship

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Already waiting to hear Herbie say how Ohio State should have been in.

Clemson and OU are the only somewhat exciting teams to watch offensively that are in the playoff, and they're both out.

Is Lawrence Welk still on TV, and is it on on Monday nights? Maybe I'll watch that instead?

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Already waiting to hear Herbie say how Ohio State should have been in.

Clemson and OU are the only somewhat exciting teams to watch offensively that are in the playoff, and they're both out.

Is Lawrence Welk still on TV, and is it on on Monday nights? Maybe I'll watch that instead?
Eff Herbies and eff Ohio State. Shouldn't have got pasted by a mediocre Iowa team.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Clemson shouldnt have been the 1 seed. Their loss to Cuse was worse than Georgias loss to Auburn. Matchups should have been UGA v Bama and OU v Clemson, but no, the committee had to guarantee the rematch.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You must not be watching this Clemson Alabama game. Bama is man handling them and you think UCF should get the title, horrible take. Georgia bama is going to be a good game, it isn’t going to be like bama LSU game

Wut? Bama manhandled a Clemson team that lost to frickin' Syracuse. UCF never lost and beat the Auburn team that beat Bama. I'm not saying UCF would beat Bama, I wouldn't bet on it, but just because Bama looked good last night doesn't mean squat.

I just have no interest whatsoever in watching Bama vs. Georgia. Puke. Definitely will be rooting for Georgia though.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Wut? Bama manhandled a Clemson team that lost to frickin' Syracuse. UCF never lost and beat the Auburn team that beat Bama. I'm not saying UCF would beat Bama, I wouldn't bet on it, but just because Bama looked good last night doesn't mean squat.

I just have no interest whatsoever in watching Bama vs. Georgia. Puke. Definitely will be rooting for Georgia though.
Georgia avenged that loss very soon after to Auburn. Auburn was wearing down at the end of the year. Alabama used the time off to get healthy. They are a different defense than the one that played Auburn. Fact is a healthy Alabama under Saban has been the surest bet in college football. I would say outside of that program the SEC is like any other Power5 conference. But Bama is the paragon at this point. One bad game versus an in-state rival not withstanding.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Clemson shouldnt have been the 1 seed. Their loss to Cuse was worse than Georgias loss to Auburn. Matchups should have been UGA v Bama and OU v Clemson, but no, the committee had to guarantee the rematch.
I agree, but the only thing voters know how to do is to calculate just how far a team should fall in the rankings after a loss. Then, for that team, it's just a waiting game as the teams above them also lose.

That's why it's always better to lose early in the season rather than late. Voters, even though they're supposed to be experts, are terrible at properly evaluating relative team strength.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017

JFC "Clemson team that lost to frickin' Syracuse." thats the only knock Clemson yet they beat Auburn, Louisville, V tech, Miami by 35 in a championship game.
We'll see how good Georgias running game will be. If bama can slow it down, it will be a very boring game.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ya I'm out. Watched about 5 minutes of Alabama-Clemson. Another boring SEC game. Congrats ESPN what should be the biggest game of the year has been relegate irrelevant to 3/4 of the country. Will not watch.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
JFC "Clemson team that lost to frickin' Syracuse." thats the only knock Clemson yet they beat Auburn, Louisville, V tech, Miami by 35 in a championship game.
We'll see how good Georgias running game will be. If bama can slow it down, it will be a very boring game.

None of Louisville, Va Tech or Miami are real impressive wins and UCF also beat Auburn.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The playoffs really need to expand to 8. First, it keeps more people interested longer which should be the #1 goal for those making money. Second you are much less likely to end up with stupid rematches or one conference like we have now.

I tried to find what the lowest rated team or seed in the FCS playoffs has won. I know they expanded to 24 teams but I don't think they are all seeded. 24 is probably too many but that is why I was interested in the lowest ranked team to win. It obviously didn't really hurt the favorites many times because NDSU and the other great teams still won a ton.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well espn got what they wanted, so they can keep pumping the SEC narrative that they so love. I think OU really hurt themselves with that squib kick to end the 1st half.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Big12 has been very disappointing since going to the playoffs. Just like basketball(KU), Big12 football needs to have a better balance and have someone other than OU represent in the playoffs.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If two teams from one conference make the playoff, they should be required to face off in the semifinals

I'm personally of the opinion that no conference should be permitted two teams, and you should have to win your conference to even be considered. But I would accept this as a compromise.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron